Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" lift and 1" zero rate together?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by caleb22, Aug 21, 2005.

1. caleb22

caleb22 1/2 ton status

I'm getting the 4" Tuff Country lift that comes with the blocks versus the springs, but wanted to know if I can add the 1" zero rate blocks also from ORD. I have that Blazer sag in the rear and I wanted to level it up while lifting it. I also have the 1" body lift that will be going on also.

2. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

sure can
    EDIT::yikes: :yikes: just re read and saw you said rear blocks! thought you meant rear springs. I think i would weld the zero rates to the axle if you are going to run both, but better ask around some more

Last edited: Aug 22, 2005
  3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

If you absolutely HAVE to run blocks in the rear, get rid of the 4" and 1" rates and get some new 5" or 5.5" blocks instead.

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

What he said. That is MUCH safer IMO. The fewer parts combined to get the lift you want, the better. If you were going to add them to a lifted leaf spring, or go with a shackle flip and add them to the stock spring, that would be fine. I wouldn't combine them with a lift block though.

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I have been running 4" blocks for close to 3 years now with no big issue, i wheel it, or did quite abit (before fuel prices went through the roof)

Even with the blocks, my stock spring still sagged, until i came across another set of rear springs, used i might add, i took them apart, and installed two more spring/leaves to my original pack, each side, four leaves total. It has brought the rear back up to level, and rides alittle better as well.

In this pic, you can see obviously, which leaves were added.

Just a thought.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2005
  6. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Don't do blocks and zero rates. Get a bigger block if thats what you are into. That is a BIG block though. A shackle flip and zero rate will really change the pinion angle. Still driving that mistake. An add-a-leaf is your best/cheapest bet at this point, other than the bigger block. Will the company that sold you the lift kit, not exchange the blocks for you? Even for a small fee? Please remember, especially if you got the EZ Ride springs, Your front springs will have a break in period where they provide more lift than normal untill you drive on and flex them out some.