Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" lift and 35''s are in!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigjblazer, Apr 21, 2002.

1. bigjblazer

bigjblazer Registered Member

4\" lift and 35\'\'s are in!!!!!!

Just got my 4" susp lift and 35'' Trailblazer M/T's on. It is so sweet. Only prob is, i couldn't get the old steering arm off, so i left it in. Is that gonna cause alot of problems? and i got 2 bulges in the left front tire, whats causing that? Thanks for any help you guys got for me.

2. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Re: 4\" lift and 35\'\'s are in!!!!!!

hey,
    You need to get that steering arm off and the raised one on or else you will have a 5000 lbs non-steering death trap. That new arm creates a good draglink angle. With out that arm you won't be able to make right hand turns !! slighty adjust the draglink to center your steering, the same amount of turns lock to lock. The steering wheel may be a hair off-center after this but at least you be able to go pull out of your driveway ! search for tips on getting that arm off.
    Blake
    ---if that tire has buldges in it, check for sidewall damage, if they are serious budges, i wouldn't drive too far on it.

3. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

when I installed my lift I had a hell of a time getting the old arm off. Took it to my work and had one of the mechanics do it. I got my new axles recently and now that I have air tools it was a breeze to take the old arm off, just hammer on it with the air hammer for a while. Hammer on each of the three studs (with the nuts on to protect the threads) This should drive the cone sleeve/ washer things right out. I have heard you are supposed to use new nuts when re-installing the arm also. good luck

4. bigjblazer

bigjblazer Registered Member

thanks guys, you think those bulges are cause of a defective tire, like a broken cord or somethin? or are they cause its out of balance?

5. surg82k5

surg82k5 1/2 ton status

I think what you may be seeing are just the belts if it is a radial. I have take tires back to ask about this before, and that is what they told be. the ones on my pro comp 35's look kinda like a wrinkle going from the rim out to the tread of the tire, i would just check it out and if you want just go ask someone to calm your mind, but i think it is just the radial belts overlapping. Hope this helps,
    Sergio