Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" lift and 36" tires

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevyman562, Mar 17, 2004.

1. chevyman562

chevyman562 Registered Member

4\" lift and 36\" tires

I am thinking of installing a 4" lift with either bushwacker cut-out fender flares or a little sawzall triming and 36X14.50 super swampers. Do you think this will work? I don't want to install a 6" lift bacause I don't want to lenghten the driveshaft, brakelines, etc. Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Re: 4\" lift and 36\" tires

Sure, if you trim enough

I had the same tires on 4" + 3" and no trimming and the tires got ate up at full stuff

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If you're smart you'll do someting about the brake lines 4 4" of lift before it flexes enough to rip them out and you have no brakes at all.

4" and hacking to fit 36s should work out great. I'm running 6" and 38.5s so it can be done. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

4. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

I am running 36x14.5x15 TSL radials with a 1" body lift and minor finder trim and I do not rub even fully stuffed. Here are some pics.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

I don't think you will be able to run the 36s with the Bushwacker flares. You will most likely have to cut more up front than the one inch they give you. I have the same flares with 37s but I have 6 inches of lift. I think they will rub if flexed out all the way.

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

BTW

Just from watching off road videos and hearing from people like Payney, the flares look good, but they get scraped off fairly easily, so if you're gonna wheel it, just trim. Hey trimming can look pretty too!