Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" lift dirveshaft questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by xnoahx, May 27, 2001.

1. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

4\" lift dirveshaft questions

I bought my 73 k5 with a 4' lift on it but it has no drive shaft. I got a drive shaft from a 76 k5 and it appears to be too short. do i need to get it lengthend or should it hook up? any help would be great.

2. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

Re: 4\" lift dirveshaft questions

Measure from the center of the u-joint mount to the the other u-joint mount, that would be the correct length for your drive shaft.Take that mesurement to a driveline shop, that would be the information they would need to correctly lengthen your drive shaft. I stress this point that it needs to be the correct size.
    My mother was driving my dads lifted truck and the drive shaft was not the right size. It came out from the front and poll vaulted the truck up and spun it around on the freeway.
    the good news is that she only ended up with a broken arm...but the 3 cars that hit her were preety smashed, damage to the GMC was drive line snapped, flat tire, bent push bar.
    If you cant go over it...GO THROUGH IT !!!
    75 Jimmy 11" lift with 40's

3. 72blazer4x4

72blazer4x4 Registered Member

when i lifted my blazer i had to have the driveshaft lengthened. what i did was measure from the center of the transfer case hookup to the axle hook up, then measure the drive shaft you have, then find out how much longer it needs to be, then take it to a place that does driveshafts. it cost me $140, and i dont know if thats a good price.

jeremy

4. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

go to highangledriveline.com

HEY Fords!!! how many flushes does it
    take to get rid of you

5. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

go to highangledriveline.com and contact Jess he helped me out.

HEY Fords!!! how many flushes does it
    take to get rid of you