Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" lift for 35" tires??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cok5, Jun 19, 2004.

1. cok5

cok5 Registered Member

4\" lift for 35\" tires??

I just got a helluva deal on a 4" lift kit. Will it clear my 35's OK, without cutting? Don't do a lotta crazy ass wheeling, cause there are no rocks out here!

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

Re: 4\" lift for 35\" tires??

you may have to trim the back of front fenders just a little bit, nothing servere

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Yep, I believe you will definitely have to trim a little. More if you wheel it hard.

4. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

if you leave the sway bar on, and dont do a whole lot of articulating, you could probably get away without trimming. its something you will have to wait and see how everything lines up when you install the lift.

5. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

I ripped the chrome strip off of mine and smashed the back of the front fender with the same set up. I still had the sway bar hooked up too. You can trim a little and run street and some mud without probs.

6. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

I second big83chevy4x4, I ran 35's for a long time with 4". I Actually let the tires bend the front wheel wells out of the way for me.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

:cough:search:cough:

8. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

You can get 35's with no lift if you don't move the suspension at all. With 4" you will need to trim but like Bubba said, search a bit, you might even find pictures /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. cok5

cok5 Registered Member

This search function on this board is a little weird to me. Brings up the topic plus all replies seperately, makes one day take up 10 pages. Most boards just have the topic, and you have to click on that to read the replies. Just a little weird for me.

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

This is what I found helpful, instead of just using " " around the subject, below the box, click "in subject" instead of "subject and body" so now the title will just appear. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Another idea would be to add some Zero Rates both front and back. Or you could also think a small body lift with poly mounts.

12. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Without the sway bar, I used to rub 33's (32" actual height)on a 4" lift kit. With 5" of lift, my 35's can hit the inner fenders when I'm wheeling. With the swaybar, no problems. I have just been trimming whatever gets mashed by the tires.

This is just my opinion: 4" and 35's looks really good, so the trimming is worth it. 33's look a little small under a 4" lift and 6" is too high just to clear 35's.

The rubbing also depends on the brand of spring (some put the center hole in different places) and the backspacing of your wheels. Also, old body mounts will bring the rubbin on much sooner.

13. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

I've got 35" SSR's on mine with a 4", zero rate in the rear and the little extra from my 14bolt /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Had to trim to fit with no rub, and checked it out on the trails with no probs at all...go for it dude, you wont regret it!/forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've got 35" SSR's on mine with a 4", zero rate in the rear and the little extra from my 14bolt /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Had to trim to fit with no rub, and checked it out on the trails with no probs at all...go for it dude, you wont regret it!/forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your Blazer looks really good man

15. jrsheets

jrsheets Registered Member

ive seen tons of people run 4" and 35s. Not sure what you all are smoking. Is my truck strangely high. Idon't think it is. I run a 4 inch rough country and 35 procomp mts. I have had no problems with hitting fenders, EVER. Ive even seen some do 2" with some body work.

16. blugil28

blugil28 Newbie

chev4life how much did you cut and do you have any pics. i love the way ur truck looks, i was wondering what size lift and tires to use and you've just made up my mind. anyway im just not sure how much to cut, cause ur's pretty much looks factory. nice lookin truck man

17. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

You can see how much I cut in these photos...
    http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/207692/11

I dont really remember how much dimension wise I cut...roughly 2" from the front and maybe 3-4 from the back...pretty much as far as I could go without getting into the inner fender structure (second layer). I still need to tack up the inner and outer fenders and a little clean up. Thanks for the compliments.

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    ive seen tons of people run 4" and 35s. Not sure what you all are smoking. Is my truck strangely high. Idon't think it is. I run a 4 inch rough country and 35 procomp mts. I have had no problems with hitting fenders, EVER. Ive even seen some do 2" with some body work.

[/ QUOTE ] I can understand where you're coming from with Rough Country. But I can also see where others are comming from with TC and BDS. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

19. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    I have the exact same setup and my fenders hit when I climbed a big rock and but a cut into the tire lug so I just cut back to the fender well and know I have no problems.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. cok5

cok5 Registered Member

Well I guess this search function is not working properly on mine!! I tried the quotations, and the the "in subject" button, but still brings up all the RE: stuff. Typed in "4"lift" and it had 35 exerpts just from today!! I dunno!