Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" lift on 73K20

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trailblazr81, Jun 25, 2005.

1. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

I dont know if its that much more harer to put the lift on my 73 K20 than on my old 81 Blazer or just the fact its been 5 years. I dont have the Blazer any more just the rough country all spring 4" lift. It seems I cant get the rear axle back enough to line up to where it should mount to spring. Do I need to cut and re weld up myparking brake brackets or something. I would assume since it ha a longer driveshaft than the Blazer it should still work OK. The rear is supossed to be the easy end!! :(

2. LongIslander26

LongIslander26 1/2 ton status

4 inch lift

Disconnect the rear axle from everything else, (brake lines, e-brakes, driveshaft, etc.) mount it where it goes, and then you'll find out what the holdup is.

3. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

yup and yeah its probly ebrake lines. or drive shaft slip yolk holdin you up and i would also think the shaft should be fine. I had a 6" on a 80 3/4 long bed pickup and it was stretchin it a little but it was ok.

4. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

I cut off the e-brake mounts and the rear is done now. I'll take a looksie and weld 'em back on a li'l lower. I'll definatelly get some help to do the front tho.