Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" lift suppliers and prices

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ben794X4, Feb 13, 2002.

1. ben794X4

ben794X4 Registered Member

4\" lift suppliers and prices

Thanks for all the replies to my previous post. Now I just need help finding the best parts for the best price a buddy of mine told me to get the pro-comp but I dont really know. I want to do new springs all the way around, shocks etc. Ireally want to do it right the first time and only do it once. Any help is appreciated.

79 4x4 k5 stock
    3spd granny stock 350
    12 bolt open rear
    10 bolt open front
    Subvert the accepted paradigm.

2. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

Re: 4\" lift suppliers and prices

I got my 4" lift from rough country. The one with front and rear springs is 459.00, it comes with shocks along with all the parts & pieces needed. I have been satisfied with the one I got from them. You can check them out at roughcountry.com

'80 K10 350/350/NP205/14B/10B/4.10/4"Lift/Q78-Buckshots

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

ok, i got my new front rear springs, dual shocks all around, dual steerin stabilizers, drop steering arm, polyerethane bushings 4 the springs, all 4 about $1200 bucks it is a BDS 4" lift (actually 5.5"). it was a little pricey, but i like it.

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

ok, i got my new front rear springs, dual shocks all around, dual steerin stabilizers, drop steering arm, polyerethane bushings 4 the springs, all 4 about $1200 bucks it is a BDS 4" lift (actually 5.5"). it was a little pricey, but i like it.

5. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Wow, that is a LOT pricey!!

I got my 4" Rancho softride with rear blocks, 4 RS 5000 shocks, u bolts, everything, for $500.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

7. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

yeh, but the rear springs are a pricey option on ANY lift, and then i had to get new shock brackets, new steerin stabilizer bracket, and 10 shock cylinders (8 shocks 2 stabilizers) so itll add up quick that also included extended braided steel lines if i remember right.

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

rear springs are spendy to the point that I wouldnt get any. A ORD 4" shackle flip costs less than 4" springs...why not just do that?! =) factory springs arent so bad, if they were *really* droopin, I guess u could always get them re-arched...can't cost too much to have that done. I just de-rusted mine...epoxy painted them and added some UHMWPE between each leaf to minimize binding and wear from the springs rubbing against each other. Much cheaper than new springs.

J

See the on-going build up of my '85 Jimmy! <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown>http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown</a>

9. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Just as a reference, I pick up my 6" lifted from 4wheel Parts for a little under $400...I got teh "Genuine Suspenmsion" kit which is actually ALL ProComp stuff...I got the springs, rear blocks, all the hardware and 4 eliminator (read:crappy) shocks...but for he price it will work until I do the shackle flip and lifts springs out back...I also picked up som ProComp stainless steel extended brake lines and a raised steering arm while I was at it...So all in all, the lift, brake lines, and steering arm were like $520 or so...

Best of luck...

Chris

Was that a speed bump? No, just a Rice Rocket </font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/fortcollinsram>My 87 Blazer</a>

10. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

well, i went 4 the pricey option of new spirngs, cuz i despise blocks, they dont look that good, and a 4" thick block, is EXACTLY 4", the new front springs might be 5.5" like mine were. so i played safe, and went w/ all new so theyd be closer.

11. ben794X4

ben794X4 Registered Member

I also want to do new springs all the way around the re arches Ive heard always sag again any way and the rough country kit seems really affordable since I dont wat to do the twin shocks all the way around I should be able to do it much cheaper than K20 at lest I hope so because I want to get tires lift and all done for under 1200 I just hopr there isnt something I dont know about the less expensive kit that will haunt me later.

79 4x4 k5 stock
    3spd granny stock 350
    12 bolt open rear
    10 bolt open front
    Subvert the accepted paradigm.