Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" lift with 37s?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wy4tt, Apr 22, 2005.

1. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

Right now it has a 4" lift and 35s with some minor cutting. I'd like to get some 37" under it. Are any of you guys running this combo with luck, and did you have to cut a lot? Thanks for the info.

2. SUPER'BURB

SUPER'BURB 1/2 ton status

Ran it on an old rig (sorry can't find any pics) with quite a bit of trimming. I now have 4" springs and a 2" body with P.J. dirt grips 36x14.5x16 and I'm breaking out the tourch tomorrow for some "minor adjusting" :weld: :hack: :grind: :burb: .

If you take your time you can make the cuts look good.
    Try a search on fender trimming, there were some good post's (with pics) within the last couple of weeks.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Trim your fenders, it does look good in my honest opinion. You may want too add a ORD 1" body lift, and Zero Rates too relocate the axles. That inch to inch and a half makes a big difference.

4. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I run 13/38-16 TSL's on 10" wide rims with 4" of lift and no axle relocation. I had to trim quite a bit from the rear of the front fenders, including pounding the firewall seam flat, but they just barely rub under full stuff and when turned.

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, the pic below is 6" and 39.5's with lots of trimming. However, if you do the trimming right I think it can look pretty good. I don't think you'll have to relocate the axle with 37's but I could be wrong. IIRC there's a member around here that's currently running the exact combo you're looking for. Give it a little time and hopefully he'll post up.

Picture.jpg

6. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

i run a 38x15x15 Gumbo mudder with 4 inch lift chopped fenders and no axle relocation, i get rub on firewall in fron but under pritty good flex

LUKE

7. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all the posts guys. Looks like I'll have to do some more trimming. I don't have a normal pic of it posted yet, but here's a photoshop bit that would give you guys an idea of where it is now. I photoshoped this to get at a family member with a Rubicon. This is with 35s. Thanks again!

http://users.adelphia.net/~wy4tt/

8. SUPER'BURB

SUPER'BURB 1/2 ton status

Very good lookin trim Mikey!!!!!!!!

9. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Here is mine with 5" and 37x12.50's on 15x10 4.5" backspacing. It is actually about 4" with my winch and 4 yr old springs. I didn't have to cut too much, but my axle is and inch forward too. Rubs a bit on the inner fender.

[​IMG]

10. jk5blazer

jk5blazer 1/2 ton status

Here's my trim job.....as well as my aggressive 31/10.50R15's :D
    [​IMG]

11. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

37x12.5x15 with 15x8 wheels about 4"bs. 2.5" lift.

The wheel is mostly stuffed, but not completely:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see I need much trimming. I do plan to go up to 4" springs in the back and a 1" zero rate in the front. When I have the stuff together for crossover, I'm probably moving the axle forward 1".

12. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Here is mine from the side, I also cut everything off in the fron under the rad support. only rubs a bit on the inner which could be fixed by bending it back. :D

104_0480.JPG

106_0691.JPG

105_0561.JPG

13. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

are there any first gens out there running this setup? any pics? thanks :bow:

14. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Ok, well I had some pictures on here but they seem to have been deleted somehow. Anyways, im running about that exact setup. (A 5.75" shackle flip in the rear on stock springs, and 4" bds springs up front with a 1" zero rate). It equals out to about a 5-5.5" lift. Im also running 37x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/R's. It didnt rub going straight or turning, but even pulling into the driveway made them rub. Wheeling without first cutting the fenders was trouble. At one point, when I was testing the flex and looking where to cut, I got so flexed out in 2wd (detroit rear so I had plenty of traction), that the truck cut off because the tire was jammed into the fender so hard. I had to re-start and put it in 4-lo and just let the truck "re-locate" the fender for me. I dont recommend it though, as it also almost ate my tire. :doah: Anyways, I had to cut quite a bit. In the front and rear. The fronts rubbed so bad that I also had to cut and beat back the inner fenders.

So, yeah, your gonna have to cut considerably if you actually want to wheel it.
    -Harrison

15. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

that good sir is a really REALLY nice lookin truck. kudos :bow: :bow: :bow:

16. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

Awesome hack job!! Love the lines and curves,