Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" lift with gear vendors now slip yoke is too short

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by moturbopar, Mar 16, 2006.

1. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

hi all , we just did a lift on my freinds suburban with 6.2 th400 and a GV overdrive. We are now having a problem with the slip yoke being to short 3.25" yoke leangth. The problem is where it sits now it only has 3/4 " of splines in contact, and it now wobles around in the GV unit. We are trying to find out if it OK to use an aftermarket 5" long yoke in the gear vendors unit. HAs anyoneh ere had this priblem? Do you guys think my freind would be better off just puting a bolt on yoke, and having a new drive shaft built with the slip yoke in it?
    Thanks
    Shawn

Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  2. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

noone answered yet so heres my opinion, I would get a bolt on yoke from GV and get a new driveshaft. Of course on their website I could not tell if you could get a bolt on yoke. if not just get your driveshaft lengthed. That costs like 65 bucks around here just call GV and see how far it needs to stick in

3. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Call GV and see what they say. They are real pricks when it comes to repairing a unit. They're screwing me right now on my repair.

4. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

we called them, they are not very helpful. But he has decided on getting the bolt on yoke and having a new driveshaft made.