Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" lift

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by muddin4fun, Mar 8, 2001.

1. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

4\" lift

I need to find a good brand of lift kit that will flex decent and will be okay to tow with. What brand is good for that?

[​IMG] Keep your feet dry [​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com>http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com</A>

2. BMRCCR

BMRCCR Registered Member

Re: 4\" lift

Tuff Country offers what is generally accepted to be the best performing kits. The EZ ride performs better, but the HD version is what you want for towing. Both will flex well with the correct shocks. My friend with a 84 K10 has the HD 4" system and it performs and rides great, and still tows and plows just as good as before.

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Re: 4\" lift

We've actually had some customers that want a little stiffer spring for better road manners, so they use the TCI HD springs. The ride is still pretty good, but they give you a little less body roll since they're stiffer.
    For towing, you may want to use your stock springs and a flip, then look to add a leaf to the pack. For towing, stiffer is usually better. And lower ride height is usually better also. You might consider staying with a 3" or so lift height. I actually towed our boat (about 4K3# or more) with my K5 at one point with great results. It was stable up to 70 mph, which is pretty good for a K5. I had a 3" ish lift, springs front, short block in the rear and a beefed up rear pack, 3/4T axle setup and 255/85 tires. Rancho 9000's turned up on 5. It was STIFF on bumpy roads and washboards, but it towed well. Best thing, I turned the shocks down and let a little air out of the tires and it rode pretty decent.
    Thanks

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD