Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" Lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cegusman, May 10, 2001.

1. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I just got my 4" Inch Rough Country lift. How much work is Involved with the installation and how long will it take. Will I be able to do it with ordinary garage tools? Do I realy need to lower the transfer case?

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: 4\" Lift

How long? How many people (drinking how much beer)?
    Jack stands and blocks are essential - hydraulic bumper lifts are best.
    What are ordinary garage tools? More than just your standard socket set anyway.... Air tools are a plus.
    Xfer case - Eveyone will say drive and check for vibration but you will probably need to shim it.
    Dave

Check the height of your garage door before lifting it inside.... or prepare to air-down.

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I didn't have to lower mine. Do a search on replacing sterring arm. It will save you a headache....

4. surg82k5

surg82k5 1/2 ton status

hey how weird is that. I am here in austin texas attending UT ready to finish my last final on monday so i can put my rough country 4" lift on my '82 6.2 Blazer. well good luck and sorry I can't help because just like you I haven't put mine on yet either. hope everything goes great.
    sergio

5. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Gokartergo, What engines do you use for your karts? I have a CR80 engine for sale. :) I'll email you details if you want. -Dave