Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" lift

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by arq, Aug 8, 2001.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

4\" lift

i am considering going with a lift. don't really need the hight just wider tires so i may go with a 2", but then again you can't really go high enough. what mods are required to the driveshafts(both front and back) on a 4" lift??

ARQ.

1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer

2. flblazer

flblazer 1/2 ton status

Re: 4\" lift

just put the 4" in thats all you have to do man i have a 4" with 35s no rub

can some 1 find me a ford i need to take a pee k5s kick a$$ still peein on that ford just have to keep goin dam i can not stop pissin:)

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

My buddy's red '72 is currently using the stock front driveshaft, but it gets over-extended when he droops the suspension fully on the highway (when cresting fast rises). He is running a longer rear driveshaft than stock. I'm not sure on the measurements...

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

To doit right new driveshaft would be in the best thing to do.
    also a steering arm is needed to keep that drag link parallel with the ground. Brake lines and such shouldn't be much of issue at most the front brackets would be relocated to the bottom of the frame rails.
    Good Luck

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>www.geocities.com/baja/5099</a>