Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" lift ??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by WinnipegK5, Sep 12, 2001.

1. WinnipegK5

WinnipegK5 Registered Member

4\" lift ??

Does anyone have an eye to eye measurement and height of front 4" spring. How about fully compressed front and rear shocks. I'm looking at a used kit that I'm not a 100% sure if it is a Chevy 4"lift

Thanks
    Mike
    1979 K5

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Re: 4\" lift ??

I was about to buy a used lift myself. The guy needed something under his truck to move it so I took me 2 1/2 lift to him and we compared before we made the deal. Well I'll be damned, the measurements of the springs and the shocks were the same. He claimed his was a 4 inch lift untill we put my 2 1/2 next to his and it was the same. Even the shocks were the same. So totally depressed I began the drive home dreading having to put my same lift on. So I decided to go buy a new one at 4WPW. So I get the new one take it home and compare it to mine. Well damn, it's still the same. The springs looked the same and the shocks were the same length. The springs had different numbers on them so I figured they were the correct ones but the shocks were the same length. I called up 4WPW and asked them why and the guy on the phonw says "oh they must have given you shocks for a 4in lift when you got your 2 1/2 lift". So I ask him to look up what shocks came with the 4 and what shocks came with the 2 1/2 and they were the same. He didn't know what to say. I went back and got longer shocks for the rear after I measured it under compression and full droop. They still don't have an answer for me.

So the moral of the story is don't go by the measurements of the springs with no weight on them. Like I said mine were the same but once they were on the truck it did sit 2 in higher. my suggestion is to get part numbers off the springs and call the company that made them. It'll save you a lot of hassle.
    But if you insist on a measurement I could measure a 2 1/2 inch lift with no weight on it and a 4 in spring with my truck on it if you want. let me know.

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red></font color=red>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Estebans-album>Take A Gander At My Truck Here.</a>

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

As for shocks always go with one that are for the next size lift up. 2.5-4 inch lift are the same. Use 6 inch shocks for a 4 inch. Use 8 inch shocks for a 6 inch.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

4. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

buying them in a kit is the best bet.
    i perfer to buy from the company's warehouse.
    like i bought my lift striaght from rough country.com

<font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>
    85 K5 4IN LIFT 35 GOOD YEAR WRANGLER MT/R, AMERICAN RACING WHEELS