Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" lifts

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by thezentree, May 2, 2004.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

4\" lifts

i know this was discussed a while back, but i couldnt find the thread, so here goes:

SAS is no longer an option, but i still want to lift the truck. its a 97 yukon. im thinking that i want a 4" lift and 33s, cause its a daily driver, and i drive huge amounts (100+ miles) daily. anyway, i remember that people were saying that some 4" kits do not have diff drop brackets and that they put horrible angles on the CVs. which are the better 4" kits?

and, i want to run 33x12.50 tires. what kind of backspacing should i be looking for? can i run 15" wheels without having to run stupid small backspacing? thanks a bunch

2. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

Re: 4\" lifts

I know Tuff Country has a 4" Kit. I have been considering it for my 93 3500. Not sure on backspacing. I think you would probably be better off w/a 16" or larger. I know there have been a few people around that have ran 15's on 1/2 tons, but I haven't looked at what BS they run.

3. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I am running 35x12.5x15's with factory 3 5/8 backspacing. I also have a 6" lift (96 Tahoe) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

any problems with the 15" wheels? i know i have big rear drums, do you? clearance issues?

i was looking at all these kits, and most recommend 4.5" BS /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Nope, no problems. My rear drums are large too (I am too lazy to go measure the size.....unless you really need it)