Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 Link 101?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Mar 8, 2005.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Im not planing on four linking my truck ('84)
    But im looking to buy a new DD like a '99 or '00 Silverado
    IFS sucks of course but ill have to run it for a wile but I always like to keep a idea of what I plan on doing in the back of my head so I can make stuff work together and gather parts...
    Anyways I know a LITTLE about 4-link but I was just wondering if anyone knows of a good site/article on 4Link front suspension like how they work and how to build one.
    It seems to me like doing all the work you self(the only way in my opinion) would actually be cheaper then a IFS lift(eww ifs is lame) if you use coils.
    Anyways any help would be appreciated

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

There is an article on this website written by Steve Frisbee. www.coloradok5.com look in the Technical section. Read everything there, it seems more and more no one realizes there is more to CK5 than just the forum. Its not a how to beginners guide really but its a start. If you don't feel like reading that much, well give up on a 4 link ;) www.pirate4x4.com has lots of good info in the forums but for every one good post(not even thread just post) there are 20 bad ones.

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

AHH I forgot about that! thanks for putting me in my place:D

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Uh......there's also a place called the "CoG" (Center of Gravity) here on CK5.

Pretty intense area for suspension tech.... I hear that a couple of members even built and posted up a FREE 4-Link graphical calculator in Excel???? :cool1: ...Cool guys.... :cool1:

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

who would do such a thing? :D