Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 link suspension

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bad_bo_ti, Sep 23, 2000.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

Can anyone tell me what all i need to 4 link my blazer, is i something i could handle or leave it to an expert, let me know where i can get the parts too. thanks.

2. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

I'll take a stab at this because I'm working on the same thing. First of all, you've gotta ditch your leafsprings. You will need to use coils, coilovers, or some kind of quarter-elliptical leafs. You would use 3/4" or 7/8" heim joints (also called spherical rod-ends) on the end of all of the links. You will need 5 links per axle if you do a 4-link w/panhard or just 4 for a "true" 4link (triangulated upper links, no need for panhard). You should also use limiting straps and bump stops that actually work, too. You can design and fabricate it all yourself if you are a good welder and have some smarts. It's actually very easy to understand. The best thing to do is make a model with 5/16 cheapo rod-ends from summitracing.com and see for yourself how it works!

Squash
    http://www.trailrunners4x4.org/users/realsquash

3. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

4. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

5. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status