Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" or 6" lift for blazer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JUNIOR-K5, Mar 27, 2006.

1. JUNIOR-K5

JUNIOR-K5 1/2 ton status

Just want to get some opinions should I get a 6" lift for my blazer for my 38 boggers or keep my 4".If I remove the 4" and go with the 6" ill put the 4" in my suburban since it has a 2" now.I currently have a 4" sus. lift with 2" body lift.

2. fasthumpman

fasthumpman Registered Member

just depends on what your gana use it for i guess. mainly mud ide go with the 6 but if its anything else off road ide go with the 4.

3. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

I would think to run 38's you are going to need 6" minimum unless you are going to shave some sheet metal. Any less of a lift and you will be bendig sheetmetal with even a little suspension flex.

4. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

ya i had 38's on mine for a while they did rub a little if you hit a hole purdy hard but i did a little triming underneth . i would say go 6 you could allways add like 1 or 2 inch body lift to it but i dont really like body lifts . :D

5. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I say go 4 and trim. Here is mine on 4 with 37s.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ira

6. JUNIOR-K5

JUNIOR-K5 1/2 ton status

It will mostly see mud and trails no rocks.I think ill go with the 6" lift and put the 4" in my sub.Im looking at the tuffcountry hd 6" springs for the front and dyi flip with 6" shackles and add a leaf will that give me 6" in rear.I dont really want to buy 2" springs for rear how else can I get 6" in back.Thanks:D Sandawgk5 thats a sweet blazer I just dont want to cut that much thanks for the pix.

7. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

search over at pavementsucks.com in the for sale section as a guy has front 6" superlift springs for sale... think $110 or so.... if you are not perticular to the tuffcountry hd:crazy: