Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" rear springs 70 blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bdas70chevy, Oct 5, 2005.

1. bdas70chevy

bdas70chevy Newbie

i was wondering of anyone has ran across the problem that i am having with my blazer. it is a 70 blazer with a 4 inch superlift lift on it at firist i had blocks in the rear so i ordered rear springs (4 inch superlift) the same as the front when i put them on the blazer it is down in the back and doent sit level it is lower in the rear then the blocks and it looks closer to the front fender does anyone know how to fix the problem thanx alot

2. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Seems typical around here to order 1 to 1.5 inch extra lift in the rear of a first gen to get level. Mine is 6" in front and 7 in rear. I also hear that zero rates can help might check with ORD.

3. bdas70chevy

bdas70chevy Newbie

with the 7" did it push the axle closer to the fender? would it work to flip the spring around to push the axle closer the way it was stock?

4. 70jimmy

I used 3 inch tuff country springs with ORD shackle flip in back. the axle is slightly forward but with the shackle flip as they articulate or stuff the axle will move toward the back. Here is a couple pics that show it better than I can talk about it. One pic is in the body shop with 31's and stock suspension and fender trim but no speed liner, other pic is with lift and 37's. Pic with the hoist the truck is all the way down with no weight on the hoist.

These pics are with no bumpers, seats, cage or sliders which I think will sag the butt even more. After I am done I may even add some to the rear. Just want it to sit level.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  5. bdas70chevy

bdas70chevy Newbie

thanx for the info i will check out ord and the zero rates, i really dont need four inches more so the shackel flip in the back might be to much? :confused: :confused:

6. 70jimmy

ORD also has a 2.5 inch shackle flip just for info..

7. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

The Zero-Rates are cool. better than a block, will raise 1 inch and can offset them to re-center axle. I figure to get some front and rear when I decide to step up from 35's and go 38's. Tho I will plan on some :hack: :grind: to make 'em fit. Tho shouldnt have to do much, 30 years of rust has helped make tire clearence!! :doah: :haha: