Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" rear springs... how's the articulation??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rcpilot, Oct 7, 2002.

1. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

4\" rear springs... how\'s the articulation??

Currently have blocks in the rear, want to get rid of them... Question.. to shackle flip or new srings?? The Blazer is not a rock crawler but wiil see lots of trails and some sand... How's the articulation on 4" lift rear srings?? Thanks... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Re: 4\" rear springs... how\'s the articulation??

If you pay a premium ($500)for a custom set of Nationals (or comparable) which are built to the weight of your truck and specified as soft, you can get some good flex from them. Generally though, with the 4" rear leaf packs sold through skyjacker or similar, the ride is relatively stiff and results in less flex than you may find with your stock springs and a shackle flip.

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I like the shackle flip because the flatter the springs the softer the ride and the more flex you can get.
    I would go shckle flip.
    IceMan

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I run 4" Tuff Country HD rears and ramped brand new 722.........and what limited the rear was the shock mounts, which has been changed to the inboard angled style. I'm quite sure it would ramp well over 800 or so but no way to tell right now. Personally, I would buy new springs again if I had to do it again. NO axlewrap at all..........and if you do any towing it is the way to go. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif