Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 Sale..400 SB & NP205..Air Compressor(HUGE) Caddy 500!

Discussion in 'New England Region' started by diesel4me, Jan 27, 2006.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I have a 1978 400 small block V8 for sale..runs,but should be rebuilt..was driving my truck daily until pulled in may of 2005..had the usual "chevy puff" when first started..used some oil,but didn't smoke excessively..it has high mileage,as far as I know motor has never been apart...originally from a Suburban,I had it in my 74 K20 plow truck..exhaust manifolds rusty,so are the valve covers,and oil pan..have a good oil pan I'll throw in free...it
    has a Carter AFB 625 CFM carb on the stock Q-jet manifold..complete with alt,starter,fan,etc..asking 250 bucks, CASH!! You
    pick up..

Also have the NP205 I had in that 74 K20,originally from a 72 K?, build date of 3/72 on the tag..worked fine for me plowing..has adapter for a
    TH350,27 splines...175 bucks for both..CASH!!

I also have a custom aluminum dash a former owner made from the 74 K20,has a tach,gauges,S/W speedo...and misc. other parts too..I need CASH,and everything must go,the sooner the better..best offer..sorry,no pictures,I have no camera or skills to post any here..

Parts located in Raynham MA..I'm unable to ship theese,pick up only,or possible delivery within 50 miles (if my other truck( a 1979 C10 fleetside,
    in decent shape,very little rust for its age,also 4 sale $995 B/O CASH!
    isn't sold or taken off the road already !)..

I also have a huge industrial 3 phase 7-1/2 HP 80 gallon air compressor,motor is THREE phase!..excellent condition..has huge 2 stage,2 cyl pump,approximately 35 CFM at least!..asking 250 bucks..CASH!!
    .will fit in a pickup,but it had better be a one ton!..ramp truck would be easiest way to haul it home..its heavy,I'd guess 900 lbs!,and takes up most of an 8' bed!..

I also have a 1976 Caddy 500 CID motor and TH400 tranny..it hasn't been run in at least 5 years,but spins freely by hand and has been in dry storage..
    I wanted to put it in a 4x4 or hot rod,but I'm unable to pursue any projects of that magnitude now..it did run good when pulled..motor has all accesories on it..500 bucks firm....CASH!..
    PM me if interested for more details.... Bob

2. uglytruk

uglytruk 1/2 ton status

IN A JUNKYARD, UNDER A TRUCK*N E Rust Belt
    Compressor? Where is Raynham? Near Boston? I'm 150 miles N of Albany, prob too far. Andrew

3. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

no way at all u could take pics of that dash? a friend of urs? walmart digital picture center even w/ a normal camera?

4. diesel4me

hmmm...

Ugly Truck--Albany is about 200 miles from here,I'm 40 miles south of boston,Raynham is about halfway between Providence RI and Plymouth MA....E-mail me if your interested,my membership here expires monday,so I wont be able to post anywhere but the garage ..(no money to renew right now!:( )..wish you'd buy it so I can pay some bills,renew my membership here,and keep my vehicles registered and insured!..

StockK5--I have no digicam,and don't know how to post photos here anyway,sorry...my brother could do it,but he only comes here once a week..its not a bad looking dash,and the tach and gauges worked OK..I'd take 50 bucks cash for it...

Some other updates...the 400 small block is sold,let it go for 150 cash,needed money to pay car insurance!:( ..was worth double easy,but no one seemed interested..

The NP205 Transfer case,500 Caddy motor are still available...

glad I checked this post today,havent looked in the "New England" forum since I posted the stuff for sale!...:doah:

5. uglytruk

uglytruk 1/2 ton status

IN A JUNKYARD, UNDER A TRUCK*N E Rust Belt
    I believe a friend of mine will be visiting relatives next weekend, but he has a 6' bed, and how to load it? And no 3 phase here. Too bad. Any idea what it would take to make it 2 phase. Could a competant electric motor shop do something, or is the configuration different? And the 205? I have a couple "full time" 203's from '77ish 3/4 tons. Had TH350's. What's a 205? Call me if need be, wifey's out right now. 518-572-6450, I can call u back, I have free LDistance... Andrew

6. diesel4me

might not fit...

I think a 6'bed is not going to be big enough to fit this compressor into!.--you might,it would be a tight squeeze,and its HEAVY..a car trailer or ramp truck would be easier..

You could simply swap a single phase motor onto it,but since its 7.5 HP,they are not cheap..a 5 hp might run it.

I dont have 3 phase here either--there are converters to run 3 phase motors on single phase but the cost as much as another motor would..I was going to swap a gas engine onto it,but decided not too..too complicated,and I would not use it enough to justify..

I have an engine hoist,and a home built gantry crane that could load the compressor into a truck..I loaded it with another guy using a crane and winch I had on my flatbed,and his engine hoist along with it,and it was not easy!
    it
    will run a complete shop or gas station,etc..

The NP 205 T-case is a gear drive and part time 4wd,not chain driven or full time like your NP203's..this one came off a TH350 tranny,and has the adapter and shifter,and frame brace..

Sorry I could not call,I did not get online until late tonite..E-mail me at tripper560@aol.com if I dont respond here,my subscription is expiring and it will probably be a while before I can renew..:(