Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" Shackle flip kit

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by walt88, Jan 29, 2001.

1. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

4\" Shackle flip kit

I am having a shop do the shackle flip kit. I don't have the tools or time to start dropping gas tanks, so how long do you think it would take to install so i can estimate a labor price. Thanks to all

Keep the shiny side up, and the greasy side down.

2. Re: 4" Shackle flip kit

To bad you are not in So. Calif. All I charge is a case of good beer and a extra set of hands to help with the install. Oh yea, there needs to be some good ol' Rock and Roll playing as well. LOL........... It took me and one of my friends about 6 hours to complete the project. The beer and my friends tollerance for the it kind of played into the timeframe also. LOL Hope I helped.

See Ya,
    Keith

3. KENBARBOUR

KENBARBOUR Registered Member

Re: 4\" Shackle flip kit

You and Panther should come by my house one weekend. I'm located in Jersey too. I might be helping him with his oneday.
    I've already done mine. It took about 4 hours with some breaks of course.

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Re: 4\" Shackle flip kit

You're probably safe figuring about 4 hours of shop time. Maybe a bit longer but probably not much. MAKE SURE YOU TAKE IT IN WITH AN EMPTY TANK! If you have to haul around an extra 5 gal in the truck, do it. It's way easier to do with an empty tank.
    Thanks

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD