Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" Skyjacker...

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by 89GMCSuburban, Nov 8, 2002.

1. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

4\" Skyjacker...

I just ordered a 4" Skyjacker kit, arm, and brake lines for my beast. Now the question...I have 4 35/12.50/15 BFG old style MT tires half worn in my garage. Will these fit well with an 8" wheel? I'll probably have to do some wheel well trimming, but any of you guys actually fit 35" tires on a 4" lift?

2. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: 4\" Skyjacker...

Yes it will fit, I have 35/12.50 new MTRs on 8.5s and 4" R.C. lift I went playing around (nothing to wild but still fun) with uncut fenders close but no rubbing /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

I've been running 35x12.50x15's on factory rims with 4" lift for as long as I've had my /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif. The only rubbing I've seen (uncut fenders) is with very twisted up axles (inner fender on rears) and twisted and turning (catches the fenders a little in front). Nothing damaging though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yep i run 36x12.50 TSLs on 16.5x8.25"s just fine. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Let us know how you like the Skyjacker ride. My buddy tried to convince me to get those, but decided on cheaper TC springs. Besides paying no shipping cause I picked them up from Tuff Country myself was a plus. The skyjackers do look better I think.

tom

6. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I'll be sure to let everyone know. Your TC springs are actually a lot softer than the skyjacker springs...do you have a problem with sagging or anything?