Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 spd swap... 1 last question (hopefully!)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Thumper, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have or can get a pic of where the clutch rod comes thru the floor/ firewall to attach to the pedal? Or even a description of where it comes thru. I am possibly putting it in tomorrow and thats the only thing I am not sure of. Is there a hole or a scored area where it will come thru or is it going to be up to me to locate a spot?
    Thanks.
    Mike

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

it goes to the left of the brake pedal-..

im just goofin- if you still need a picture in the morning let me know- my cameras in my truck- but ill be doing the brakes first thing

Brandy

3. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Hmmm are you sure its to the left? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Ya know... maybe instead of MUDNURI, your name should be SMRTASS!
    \Hehehe
    I may need a pic, but will be leaving here around noon, so maybe someone can get me one up by then?
    Thanks!
    Mike

4. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I remember tryin to figure out exactly where to cut the hole in my floor. It was one of the last things I did. Had EVERYTHING else hooked up and installed except the rod that goes through that hole. Do you have the bracket on the frame for the swing arm from the bellhousing? Once you have that bracket on the frame, and the swing arm thing installed, you'll get a better idea of where the hole needs to be. Just look at it from the bottom...It'll make more sense when ya see it with your own eyes. Hope I didn't just confuse ya.... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I ended up w/ a hole about he size of a BIG coffee can... I just covered it w/ rubber from an old innertube. I would send you a pic of it, but you can probably figure out how to butcher your floor like mine all on your own /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i just removed the little panel that was there.... but i bet you dont have one of them...
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifgrant

7. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

I don't have a pic but I measured mine and it's about 13.25 inches from the kick panel, about 12 inches from where the floorboard starts to bend up toward the firewall and about 2.5 inches below the joint where the floorboard and firewall meet.

Hope that helps a little.

8. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

mine didn't have a little panel. I burned the teeth off my hole saw, so I chopped mine out w/ a chisel and a hammer...

9. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i would get a pic of my 79 but it is 20 miles away and i have no vehicle. I could get a pic in a couple of days thought. its the best i can do

10. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

No it won't have the scored area, because the '85 was setup for the hydraulic clutch, and if you look up on the firewall, you'll see where the clutch master cylinder is supposed to be.