Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 speed clutch linkage, 3" body lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by R72K5, Apr 18, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

4 speed clutch linkage, 3\" body lift

anyone who has body lifted a 4 speed truck are there issues with Z bar and 3" body lift? how about steering column ?

thanks

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Re: 4 speed clutch linkage, 3\" body lift

Not with the Zbar it self but with the rod that goes thru the firewall, it will need to be longer. One way to doit is to take out the rod and cut it in half. Then take a heavy gage steel pipe that will just slip over the cut end of the rod and weld the pipe to the rod. Then do the same to the other end cutting the pipe to the proper lenght then weld it.
    For the steering shaft your safe bet is to drop some $$ on a www.borgeson.com steering shaft with Ujoints. Or www.flamingriver.com
    If you want the unsafe route you can remove the riviots from the stock shaft, extend it out then weld it. Not the best/safest way but it works.
    Good Luck

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Re: 4 speed clutch linkage, 3\" body lift

great ! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

how about if i unbolted the column from firewall and bottom sid eof dash and shimmed/dropped it to help relieve some tension at the rag joint ??
    3" lift, how bad would it mess with column angle

thanks for making my brain think regarding the upper clutch pedal rod, lengthening it would do the trick, stepdad has a 220 arc welder so thats good, plus a friend locally owes me a 220 welder he has- so im covered either way- just gotta go pick the welder up and figure out how to extend power source from fuse panel to outdoors/back entry way, and also pick up a complete 4 bolt 350 bottom end and a large salamander type garage floor heater too, probably will sell trade the latter two most likely, im gonna be needing some items to help make the 83 how i want it. planning on 6" all the way arouinid and drop pitman arm, and the 3" body lift up, i already learned what im gonna have to mess with cuz of body lift, rear axlevent hose length, clutch linkage, trans case linkage tunnel pan opening clearance, possible brake lines at master cylinder to frame rail, and the steering column, and any possible body to frame ground straps and lights harnesses. i can handle all that stuff for sure, i just dont know alot about the actual hardware- the pucks and such.

thanks !! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif