Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" Taller

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by dleroy43, Nov 2, 2002.

1. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

4\" Taller

Got the lift on yesterday with minimal fighting. But I can only drive around the block counter clockwise till my arm gets here. any suggestions to get the old one off easly? /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Re: 4\" Taller

Start soaking it with liquid wrench now and hit it down, up, and sideways with a BF Hammer. When are you going to send a pic? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. JAXSTER

JAXSTER 1/2 ton status

Heat is the best solution. Small propane torch from hardware store works well $9.75
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You should be able to steer fairly well without the raised steering arm, if the drag link is adjusted correctly. Try adjusting the drag link until the steering wheel is centered again (make the drag link longer) and you'll be able to turn the wheels both left and right. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I adjusted the drag link so now I can drive both ways around the block. pics will be up as soon as I get them developed /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

6. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

Just knock the arm down then grab the cone washer thingys then screw them out like a threaded nut. I've just about got this down to an art now. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifWith your drag link adjusted just don't go wheeling or do anything that requires any amount of wheel travel up front. the drag link just won't take the angles.(knoledge form experience)