Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" to 2" lift

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by arq, Aug 27, 2001.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

4\" to 2\" lift

If i get 4" leaf lift kit can i remove some of the leafs to get 2" and run it that way. I want to go 4" but don't want to deal with the driveshaft angles, yet.

ARQ.

1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Re: 4\" to 2\" lift

You might be able to but it would be real soft. I think you might be better off wating till you have the $$$ to do it all.

I did not install my lift (it was on there when I got it) but maybe you won't have to do anything to the driveshavts. Someone else should be able to give you the right answer.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

3. huggerk5

huggerk5 Registered Member

Re: 4

I had my springs rearched to 4" and added longer spring hangers on the rear of the front springs. I am running 35" tires and could use another 1". Probably needs to be a body lift. I did finally change my rear drive shaft to a cv with a slip yoke for the rear out put. I think I spent a total of $1000.00. I have had zero problems. I do need to becareful with the big tires and small fender wells. Drives great with no vibration and I did not use any shims any where.

4. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

ok here's a plan.. you buy the 4" springs and all necessary hardware to install. Ship to me and I'll send you 4 2" blocks to use till your ready...ha ha I just wish I could afford a lift right now.

Like em big and topless
    Excuse me...Would you mind removing your from import under my chevy?

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

i already have blocks on there and i don't want to double stack them, j/k... It wont be a while before i get them, mabe till early next year.

was up with your sig "removing your from import under", it does not sound right.

ARQ.

1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer

6. bitchin4x4

bitchin4x4 1/2 ton status

well I don't believe you really need to worry about any vibrations until you hit +6" I just bought another 72 jimmy and I haven't had any problems with 6" lift thats in it, stock perches, etc. I did later add the 2" superlift blocks in the rear for a little pitch and they have a minor shim to them 2.5 degrees I believe, but any hoo. In my opinion, I don't think you need to worry about it.

hope that helps.

l8rz

If it ain't broke, break it!

7. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

If your worried about the angles then drop the transfer case down an inch. I know on the newer blazers all you have to do i switch the spacers from the top and put them between the crossmember and the frame. If not you can always buy longer bolts, and four spacers that are an inch thick and do it that way. I did the first one on my 86 and I have no vibration, and the driveshats are plenty long enough.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>