Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 to 6inch lift

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by buddiesel, Nov 19, 2003.

1. buddiesel

buddiesel Registered Member

My 88 K5 is currently on a 4" lift, springs in the front blocks in back. I want to step it up to 6" any way to reuse some of the parts on my 4" kit to save some money? I am thinking new 6" springs for the front then somehow use my front springs with either blocks or a shackle flip in the back.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Just go with some 6" front springs, 4" shackle flip and 2" blocks with your stock rear springs and call it a day /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If you want a 6" lift you could use the ORD Zero rates in front, shackle flip in the back with Zero rates and a 1"body lift. This would be a total of Six inches of lift. Or you could go with only the 1" body lift and leave the suspension alone. Call ORD and talk to Beck for this week as Stephen is out of town until Monday.

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

This comes down to a bunch of questions about how you use your truck and how much more modifying you're willing to do. You really have to be prepared to mess with brakelines, shocks, driveshafts, steering correction, etc all over again. Some of this may have been adequately addressed with your 4" lift but it all needs to be considered. The driveshaft angle is kind of a big one here. With a 6" lift, you'll have a hard time getting away without a CV joint. With the 4", it can be done in some cases.

Doing the 1" body lift is a good way to pick up some clearance without messing up very much other stuff. I'd say you should strongly consider what a 5" lift will do for you, it's a lot easier and cheaper.

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have done just about what Stephen said, I started with a 4" lift and added a 1" body lift and 1" add-a-leaf in the rear to cure saggy butt, with the 5" of lift in the front and the 6" of lift in the rear is sits level and has room for 39.5's /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Well, with a little fender trimming. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif