Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" Tuff Country EZ-Ride Bushing Question?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Texan, Jul 1, 2000.

1. Texan

Texan 1/2 ton status

4\" Tuff Country EZ-Ride Bushing Question?

My Tuff Country 4" EZ-Ride kit arrived this afternoon and I've got everything I need to get after it tomorrow. I do have a question about the eye bushings if someone can offer insight. I expected them to be a very snug fit in the spring eyes but a couple of them seem to have a little play. Even though they are all poly I'm still a little concerned. Should I be?

<font color=orange>STEVE<font color=orange>[​IMG]
    89 Blazer
    67 Camaro 468
    68 CamaroSS 327
    98 GTP

2. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Re: 4\" Tuff Country EZ-Ride Bushing Question?

Just double check that you have the right bushings in the right eyelets. My nationals had different size openings.

3. stephan van leir

stephan van leir 1/2 ton status

My 6" Tuffy kit had bushings that fit perfectly. I`d call them directly to find out what they think. Good Luck.

4. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

I would check to make sure that you have the right bushings in the right place. That has caused many a headache with my friends. If I had a dime for every time we were right in the middle of a project and the shops were all closed...that is the worst. But I digress. I would say if they don't fit, just go to a local shop and get another set. Poly bushings are cheap. And make sure that the shops are open while you have your truck apart!!![​IMG]

5. Texan

Texan 1/2 ton status

The front bushings are larger than the shackle(rear) bushings so they can't be swapped around (front to back at least). The fronts feel nice and snug as well as the bushings in one side of the rear but in the other rear side the bushings are wallowing around noticeably and fall out when the spring is tilted sideways. I'm gonna go ahead and get ORD to send me a new spring and postpone the install until next weekend. I should have taken it as an omen when I noticed on Friday they had shipped the wrong acc. box for my 89'. They were cool about it when I called to "let 'em know" and they said they would ship the right stuff first thing Monday. I guess they can just add the spring to the list. So much for planning this around a long weekend. Murphey's Law I guess...

Thanks For The Suggestions,

<font color=orange>STEVE<font color=orange>[​IMG]
    89 Blazer
    67 Camaro 468
    68 CamaroSS 327
    98 GTP