Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" TUff country lift problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pow06er, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Pow06er

Pow06er 1/2 ton status

ok so i get my 4" lift kit with rear blocks for my '88

and i look at the blocks and notice they are big like about 5" big so i look at the instructions to see the listing of parts and it says

2-5.5" lift blocks

so i figure they must be right

so i install them

and now i relize after chatting with other people who have k5s and run TC lifts that they are too big and i need a 4" block and that the front should be noticeably higher due to new leafs and they will sag over time to level out

so now i gotta remove my 5.5" lift blocks and ubolts and try to see if suspensionconnection can overnight some 4" lift blocks and new ubolts

and then hopefully have them send me a addressed box so i can mail back the 5.5" blocs

im pissed to say the least

altho i did drive it and i had some vibes but were changing the ujoints and hopefully the 4" blocks will give me a tad better angles

2. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

not a bad thing

Most blazers are higher in the front than the rear. the extra height is to level it out. My skyjacker softride came the same way when I had a 4" I had 4" springs on front and a 5.5" block on the rear. leveled it out nicely.

3. Pow06er

Pow06er 1/2 ton status

yea but mine wasnt sagging at all stock i think there is an aal back there but dont know for sure the PO said there was one but i dont know

damnit im lost at wat i should do

4. Pow06er

Pow06er 1/2 ton status

5. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

whats the problem? do you not want that much lift? i think you should just stick with the 5.5" block for now. if its just a matter of you wanting it to be level, then get a zero-rate in the front, then youll have another inch of lift to even out with the rear aal, and you could move the axle forward if you want.

thats what i would do.

i do see ur point tho, contact them and see how they will compensate you for the inconvience.

6. Stixx

Stixx Newbie

Leave it alone!

You will want the extra lift in the rear. I have a tuff country six inch all spring lift on my 90' blazer, and had to add a set of two inch blocks out back to level it up. The rear is about 1/2 inch taller than the front with the top off,but it is dead level with the top on. Good choice of springs. You will love them. I have a total of eight inches in the back and have zero vibes.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  7. Pow06er

Pow06er 1/2 ton status

well i already have a 0rate in the front with my new springs and the rear still sits higher up about 1/2" it doesnt bother me aobut where it sits now but

one is the front springs are gonna relax a bit and then its gonna look even more lower

another is the truck never sagged in the rear at stock height

and lastly i dont want to be this high in the rear im already getting a vib at 0-30

and when i let off of the gas about about 30 mph i hear a grinding noise we think its the ujoints so we are replacing them

so im calling TC and telling them i got the wrong blocks

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Personally , I prefer the rear too sit a little higher then the front. I'd just run it as it is till a later date and then go with a shackle flip, or rear springs. (Note; I'm no fan of blocks)

9. BL1TZKRIEG

BL1TZKRIEG 1/2 ton status

when I installed my 5.5 block it through my driveline angles out of wack and had a bad vibe so I used a 4* shim to tilt the pinion down

it got rid of most of the vibe had one around 5 mph
    but my angle were maxed out

my only other option was a cv driveline but it would of required a huge freaking shim so I decided screw this and I ditched them for a 4inch shackle flip

10. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

On most Blazers the rear 5.5" block will make it sit level with 4" front springs as already mentioned. You stated that your Blazer in stock form already sat level, and that you thought there was an AAL installed in the back.......there was no way for the suspension company to know this unless you told them before ordering the kit.

In any case, call them up and they would probably be willing to exchange the rear blocks.

11. Pow06er

Pow06er 1/2 ton status

yes its been done im getting a 4" block from suspensionconnection overnighted and im getting a call tag for my 5.5" blocks very good customer service

Im contemplating making up some 1" flat bar to use as a drop tcase to give me better angles

12. Pow06er

Pow06er 1/2 ton status

if i do the 4" block thats tapered and then go and do a 1" tcase drop will the taper in the blocks and with the lowered tcase overcorrect and give me too much of an upward angle on the pinion?