Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 wheel drive nob popping out of place/no rear seat

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by silver, Jun 8, 2002.

1. silver

silver Registered Member

Where can i find a rear seat that will fit in my 1970 blazer? i have checked about 4 salvage yards and the 3rd row suburban seats would require too much modification in my blazer and i'm trying to just find someone who sells a seat that will fit my blazer. the 4 wheel drive shift nob also pops out of place sometimes when using four wheel drive and i was wondering if this was a common problem or not and how i fix it. any help will be appreciated.

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

You need to adjust the T-Case shift rods use a drill bit to line up the holes in the rods then adjust it.

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Be careful before you go starting drilling holes. My transfer case- NP208, does NOT require holes to be drilled anywhere, all I had to do was extend the linkage. It's popping out I'd assume from your lift. Mine wouldn't engage after the body lift. as for seats, your going to have to keep searching salvage yards, or try the for sale/wanted boards here, some guys here run without back seats...good luck

Brandy /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. Tweetysuarus

no holes need to be drilled just use a drill bit to line up the holes on the selecter arms. DUH!

5. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Tweety was that DUH aimed at me? WTF is up with that? My reason for my post was because back when I asked the SAME question- I was told by NUMEROUS people here I had to cut up my floor etc... when in reality I did NOT have to. My point was to double check make sure etc... each transfer case is different, and without his/her profile filled out, I didn't know what one he/she had....Back off buddy!

Brandy /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

6. Tweetysuarus

No, I was refering to to comment about drilling holes in the t-case there should be a couple of line up holes when the t-case is in Neutral. I wasn't being a Smart A**. Sorry If I was soundin' like it. I had the same problem with mine when I lifted it and put a body lift on as well I just didn't notice it was out of adjustment before cause the shifter never hit the floor in front or back before. Then I looked around and found out that the shifter was out of adjusment. Like I said ealier I wasn't trying to mess with you, just trynig give you some past experience of the same nature.

Sorry n Thanx,
    Bill /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

7. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

ahhhh got it, I didn't think you were coming "unglued" LOL! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I just didn't want anyone jumping ahead and doing something they shouldn't do...lord knows I almost cut up a floor for nothing LOL...wouldn't John have been happy with me! I guess I didn't read your original post carefully enough..that happens sometimes, I miss a few words here and there...just ignore me LOL /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Brandy

8. Tweetysuarus

Hey SH!* happens and it's all good till some one feeds you wrong info or bad short cut. And your right you would have been upset for butchering the floor later like when you went wheelin' in mud holes its hard to seal up as it is but those extra cut are a MF to seal I've been there already once this time I am takin' my time and doing it right the first time.

Bill /forums/images/icons/cool.gif