Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 Wheel Parts Bait&Switch..BEWARE!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by xflatrater, May 19, 2004.

1. xflatrater

xflatrater Registered Member

Ordered a set of 36 Iroks on the internet site sat, sale price and free ship +10% off came to $171.00 each....Today they called and said they could not sell them at that price without me buying a tire warranty for an extra $100.00 THAT IS A CLASSIC BAIT AND SWITCH, SPEND YOUR MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! Starve the bastards out of business.. /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

2. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

so did you get the warranty? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

so did you get the warranty? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. rvreddog

rvreddog Registered Member

It should have been 68.40 for the off-road hazard warranty. I bought it for my 38sx`s and had to get a new tire within three months.Boy was I glad to have the warranty. It sucks that you found it out that way,but its better than going to the store with a damaged tire and finding it out then.

5. xflatrater

xflatrater Registered Member

I think you are missing the point ..when you buy a warranty all you are doing is paying a pecentage of the replacement cost up front....this is fine if you choose to do it, BUT having the choice is the most important part!

6. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

I bought the warranty. went offroading a month ago and slit the luges pretty bad on the rear tire. I want to take it back, but was wondering how much of the percent to do you have to spend to get a new tire? and yes I did more /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif so it won't happen again.

7. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I bought the warranty. went offroading a month ago and slit the luges pretty bad on the rear tire. I want to take it back, but was wondering how much of the percent to do you have to spend to get a new tire? and yes I did more so it won't happen again.

[/ QUOTE ]

when i got my tsl's from them a couple months ago i got it with the warrenty. first trip out cut the lugs pretty bad. one big slice thru the tread into the carcass. must have run over some sharp rocks.took it in to get a new one and the guy said the tire was fine, and it was just cosmetic. he also insisted that it was my fenders that were cutting it, even after i explained that there was no way the fender could contact the tire in that location. so now i've got to drive on the tire until you can accually see the belts and then get a new one. pretty lame.

8. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I bought the warranty. went offroading a month ago and slit the luges pretty bad on the rear tire. I want to take it back, but was wondering how much of the percent to do you have to spend to get a new tire? and yes I did more so it won't happen again.

[/ QUOTE ]

when i got my tsl's from them a couple months ago i got it with the warrenty. first trip out cut the lugs pretty bad. one big slice thru the tread into the carcass. must have run over some sharp rocks.took it in to get a new one and the guy said the tire was fine, and it was just cosmetic. he also insisted that it was my fenders that were cutting it, even after i explained that there was no way the fender could contact the tire in that location. so now i've got to drive on the tire until you can accually see the belts and then get a new one. pretty lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow that sucks...

9. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Ordered a set of 36 Iroks on the internet site sat, sale price and free ship +10% off came to $171.00 each....Today they called and said they could not sell them at that price without me buying a tire warranty for an extra $100.00 THAT IS A CLASSIC BAIT AND SWITCH, SPEND YOUR MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! Starve the bastards out of business.. /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually their "tire warranty" is $60. They usually raise the prices of their tires before a sale. Usually Tyres International has the cheapest prices on Interco tires anyway.

I ordered a bunch of stuff Sunday because of the 10% off and free shipping deal they had going on. It said it'd ship within 24 hours. Seven minutes ago I got an email saying:
    "This message was sent to you at the request of FOUR WHEEL PARTS to notify you that the package information below has been transmitted to UPS. The package(s) may not have actually been placed with UPS for shipment. To verify when and if the shipment is tendered to UPS and its actual transit status, click on the tracking link below or contact FOUR WHEEL PARTS directly."

I looked and the tracking number isn't even registered with UPS yet. That means it probably hasn't even been picked up yet. That means that I ordered my crap and it isn't going to be picked up until Thursday at the earliest. That means pretty SHITTY service to me. I kind of expected it wouldn't go out until Tuesday because they would get a lot more load than normal. The "expected delivery date" is next Tuesday. That seems a bit optimistic for UPS ground, especially since they'll probably ship it from BFE just like they did my last order (drop shipped from the manufacturer in Florida).

Summit Racing can manage to get me my stuff within 2 days as long as I order before 3pm. National Drivetrain can drop ship me stuff from Richmond Gear and it arrives within 3 days. Neither of them do I pay for shipping. I think 4WPW might want to look into their internet/mail order business model and practices. I'd probably be willing to pay a $8 handling fee if I don't have to pay for shipping and it gets picked up by the guys in brown shorts the next day.

They need to get rid of the slick pricing schemes too. Such as upping the prices of their tires by 1/3 when they offer "buy 3 get 1 free" deals and then charge you a warranty fee in order to cover shipping costs because they know you'll never go through the expense of warrantying a tire if you have to ship it to them. If they want to charge a crating fee it should be on the website.

10. rickmack1

rickmack1 Registered Member

Ive bought alot of stuff from 4WP and have not had any problems with,"Hard Parts",shocks,springs,diff. covers etc.etc.When I bought my rims and tires that was a diffrent story.I was supposed to get free shipping and mounted.Nope I got two tires,lugs and caps on the first shipment,three rims and the next and had to wait four days for the fourth rim and two more for the tires.They said the shipped from Cali.Right!As far as a warranty on a tire...Dont buy it! I sell them for bikes and there are too mant loop holes. http://coloradok5.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=12310&size=big&password=0&sort=1&cat=9590

11. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well, it shipped at 1AM EDT today... from California. I'm pretty sure if 4WPW had a store in Alaska they'd ship from there. Gah. I wanted to put the stuff on this weekend.

12. offroad87

offroad87 Registered Member

saturday night i ordered a tuffy console from them, because of the free shipping and 10% or whatever. i still cant get a tracking number for mine. i even call the customer service line to find out if my stuff has been shipped yet and they tell me that i need to go to their site or email them, they dont respond to emails either. they are never getting my business again!

13. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

Personally, I never have a problem with 4WPW. The only big ticket items I have bought from them are 5-39.5" Iroks and 4-Rancho 90036's. Never have had a problem with them and they always give me a better price than I expect. The guys in the local store know me by name and the phone salesmen have always delivered as promised. I buy a ton of little stuff from them.

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

see they know you are able to go bitch in person, lots of us can't, I have never dealt with that place and never will, I've heard far too many bad things to consider it.

15. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

I am shocked they are wanting to add $100 for a tire warranty, I was in our local 4wp store yesterday to get a quote on some 38.5x15R15 Boggers and their warranty for those was $45 which I was able to opt out of if I chose to. I went in there because I was in the area and am checking my prices for cash vs putting it on my charge acct at another place.

If your unhappy with their service then try another mail order tire company there are lots out there. I personally haven't had any problems with them but I also smile and nod, flirt a little, and look a little extra nice /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

4 Wheel Parts opened up a store around here about a year or two ago....they've already closed their doors. From my experience with them I'm not surprised it closed so quickly. The sales guys behind the counter were pretty clueless about anything but IFS lift kits and big tires. I tried twice to order specific parts (Dana 60 Lock-right) from them in person...even took the print-out from the Lock-right webpage showing the application and p/n and they still insisted it didn't exist. One guy even tried to sell me a crappy Trac-lock limited slip because "it's the same thing". I bought some extended brake lines from them, when I went to pick them up at the store they were the wrong ones AND they tried to charge me $15 for having the parts shipped to the store...WTF?!.....most stores would have shipped them to my door for half that.

I also went on some trailrides with some of their employees.....talk about some booty-fab rides.

17. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

I just called them to get a price quote on some swampers and wheels mounted. He first tried to say all there pricing is in their ad unless I wanted to make an order right now. I insisted that the package I wanted was not listed so he gave me a price that was very reasonable. Then I got the "What will it take to make an order today" like a typical car salesmen. (no offense to the car salesmen out there) I told him if he wanted to come over and help install my lift I would consider it. Don't think I will ever order anything from them. Let the J**p people buy from them.

18. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I ordered four (33 X 12.5 X 16.5) tires, single steering stabilizer and bracket, and a 4" drop drag link from 4-Wheel Parts during the 10% off weekend sale. So far they have shipped out the drag link, and UPS says it should be here today. The tires and stabilizer have not been shipped out yet. The sales rep at 4WP said they would ship out today, but that is what they said yesterday. 4WP did give me a good deal on the tires...four 33 X12.5 X 16.5 Pro Comp Mud Terrains for $613.12 including Shipping/warranty. I am sure if I am patient, the stuff will show up eventually; the only question is "when"?

4-Wheel Parts probably uses the "drop ship" method of doing business. If they do not have the part on their shelf, then they turn the order over to their supplier, and the supplier ships the product to the customer from their warehouse. This saves 4WP upfront money and warehouse space.

Sky Manufacturing sure got my order out fast. I ordered a Heavy Duty 1.25 OD Tie Rod with 1" shank Tie Rod ends on Monday morning for my Dana 60, and according to UPS, it should be to my door Friday.

19. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

you are correct. they do a lot of drop shipping, to get my roll cage parts, I had toget my moneyback from them cause they couldn't get it in when they said so I said give me my money back. and delt directly with smittybuilt. 4day delivery time! 4wpw SUCKS!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

20. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

I can't believe you guys bitch and moan when I have made several posts saying I would try to help out every chance I get. Why didn't you call me anyway /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I work on commision. Plus I am here most any evening and can answer most questions