Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 wheel parts guarantee my behind!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by four_by_ken, Oct 18, 2004.

1. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Got a new winch through 4wheelonline.com. Excellent place. Cheaper by $100 than anywhere else I found. Free shipping and got a free strap out of the purchase also. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4 wheel parts wholsalers wouldnt match it.
    Guaranttee... me azz. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Figures... When I bought my HS9500i, they wouldn't match the rpice I got either. The guy on the phone told me he could sell it to me for jobber price which was more than what I could get it for shipped. Called back a few days later(after I bought from somewhere else) cause the guy wanted more info on the deal and he didn't work there anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Congrats!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

ya know seems like every post i see about 4wheel parts wholesalers business dealings makes my decision to never buy anything from them easy! /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

4. four_by_ken

I even asked... "What about the price guiarantee?"

He said... "Thats all I can do. You want to get it?"

I said not thanks and he hung up.

Why would I pay $1224 for it? Even if they matched it... I would still have went to 4wheelonline.com instead. Unless they BEAT the price and made it worth it. So much for that!

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Winch time!!
    Warn 16.5ti

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    The guy on the phone told me he could sell it to me for jobber price which was more than what I could get it for shipped.

[/ QUOTE ]

He lied to you anyway. Even their regular advertised price is lower than jobber price to begin with.

The price war on these parts is insane. I wish I could even say that I could beat EVERYONE's price but it just can't happen...it's amazing how that works out sometime.

4 Wheel Parts has more buying power than anyone else in this industry though, they're Warn's #1 customer, wonder why the hell they'd lose a sale? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

6. four_by_ken

Man, I am sorry... I even talked to you about wheels and didnt even give you a chance on the winch. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I just got all wound up at the price I found and the money started burning in my pocket and I couldnt control myself. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Sorry.
    Was a pretty good deal though huh? /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I would likely say that if you beat 4 wheel parts by $100 and got free shipping, you got an awesome deal. There is basically no markup on winches or tires.

8. four_by_ken

And a yank strap too.
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I guess Im lucky.My local 4WPW beats just about everyones prices and the sales guys are actualy wheelers.And if they are a little more than someone else for something I just tell them I saw it cheaper elsewhere and they match it.

10. four_by_ken

Thats what I did... and they woudnt match it.

Bastids.

11. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I got my Warn M12000 for $1009 shipped to my door. Thats $200-250 cheaper than 4WP.

12. four_by_ken

I was thinking about the 12k and the 15k also... then I found this deal and it was about what I was planning on spending on one of them. So, what the hell.

So with an estimated weight of well over 7k lbs.... I figured I will need all the help I can get.
    /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

13. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

I bought my 8274 from 4wheel parts before they started adding handling or crating fees. It was $999 shipped. It was an internet special. I will not deal with them again because of another transaction.

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Got a new winch through 4wheelonline.com. Excellent place. Cheaper by $100 than anywhere else I found. Free shipping and got a free strap out of the purchase also. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I've delt with 4wheelonline.com a couple of time. They always done me right. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. Emmettology 101

[ QUOTE ]
    He lied to you anyway. Even their regular advertised price is lower than jobber price to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Acctually, their jobber price was about a $70 less than their advertised price. I got mine for about $60 less than their jobber price and that included shipping. A small shopt hat doesn't advertise much got a special deal through their distributor which just bought around 4000 HS9500i's at one time. Thats why they were able to offer such a low price.

[ QUOTE ]
    The price war on these parts is insane. I wish I could even say that I could beat EVERYONE's price but it just can't happen...it's amazing how that works out sometime.

4 Wheel Parts has more buying power than anyone else in this industry though, they're Warn's #1 customer, wonder why the hell they'd lose a sale? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a few large distributors out there that do alot of volume buying also... But I agree that the price wars on winch's is insane... Some of these dealers are putting out some killer prices! Haven't seen many as low as what I got mine for yet though... And that was about two years ago.

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

There is no, "their" and "my" jobber price. Jobber price is jobber price....the price lists come from the manufacturers.

If they still made the HS9500i I could tell you what Jobber price was on it.

Either way:

#1 99% of online customers buy parts at jobber price or below

#2 Jobber price is obviously not my price or I couldn't sell the parts to you for Jobber or less.

#3 What my discount is below jobber varies based on the product, some parts its zero, some 3%, some 50%, just depends on what it is. The more buying power you have, the deeper your discount is.

"Jobber" price really isn't jobber price at all.....just a reference point to go from.

In a real parts store, nearly nobody buys parts at Jobber, they're buying at dealer, stocking dealer, master installer etc., prices, which are quite a bit higher than jobber. Unfortunately parts sales on the internet do not have that kind of margin. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

17. Emmettology 101

[ QUOTE ]
    There is no, "their" and "my" jobber price. Jobber price is jobber price....the price lists come from the manufacturers.

If they still made the HS9500i I could tell you what Jobber price was on it.

Either way:

#1 99% of online customers buy parts at jobber price or below

#2 Jobber price is obviously not my price or I couldn't sell the parts to you for Jobber or less.

#3 What my discount is below jobber varies based on the product, some parts its zero, some 3%, some 50%, just depends on what it is. The more buying power you have, the deeper your discount is.

"Jobber" price really isn't jobber price at all.....just a reference point to go from.

In a real parts store, nearly nobody buys parts at Jobber, they're buying at dealer, stocking dealer, master installer etc., prices, which are quite a bit higher than jobber. Unfortunately parts sales on the internet do not have that kind of margin. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I never stated "Their jobber" and "My jobber"... I stated that their jobber price was higher than i bought it for from another dealer. And that their jobber price was lower than what they list in their ads. Maybe I was mistaken using "jobber" to describe the price they gave me, it's been awhile. BUt it was basically the price that a dealer could buy it from them to resell. And if you think they are making nothing on a winch and just selling them to the dealers for what they pay, then you are mistaken. How would they stay in business? Plus, they are a distributor and you are the end dealer. They are certainly going to be able to get them cheaper than you and are making something off the winch you just bought from them to resell. I have dealt with distributors and companys like Warn in the past when it comes to resale, I know how it works.

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You're still not understanding. What you're saying makes perfect sense, just in terminology it's not quite correct.

Just so you know, jobber is not the price anyone pays. It's simply a reference number.

19. Emmettology 101

It's been a while since I've dealt with this stuff. I thought it was broken down into three price brackets dealer(what the actual store pays), jobber(what the store sells to another store for) and retail(what the normal Joe pays)... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

they wouldnt match tires for me either. I dont really care for 4WP, so its all good!