Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 wheel parts is funny

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by xnoahx, Oct 23, 2002.

1. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

I was at the 4 wheel parts site today and looking at prices on lights and tow hooks and I noticed they have a free shipping deal going on until oct 25. So I figure I'll order some tow hooks for the front and back of my truck, they are only $5 each and no shipping, hard to beat. So I get my order all made up and get ready to check out and shipping is free but there is a $6 handling fee! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I love the way they try to trick you.

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well what I do when they have the no shipping deal is I go to the shop, see what I want, and ask them to ship it to my home. They don't charge me the handling.
    Plus I get a discount because I am a member in CAL4WHEEL 10% isn't too bad, so I have to go there and show them my card anyway.

3. codeman

codeman Registered Member

4 Wheel Parts always has free shipping. They just say it ends on a certain date. When that day gets here they extend the deal and so on. Bastards!

4. rogerwilco71

rogerwilco71 1/2 ton status

Everything I've received has been the wrong part or shipped to the wrong address. On time I went into a 4wheel parts for a 5.5 block, and the guy comes out with a 4" block which he swore was 5.5"(his buddies looking at me like they have better things to do) until I begged him to measure it..."oh, I guess it isn't?" Don't get me wrong, I still order since they usually correct the problem. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

5. Troopie's Tonka

Troopie's Tonka 1/2 ton status

my first and last experience with 4wheel parts sucked... I ordered a set of rims and 36X14.50 TSL's, $1683.00 worth of [censored]. So, since I was such a big spending loyal customer, they send me some 33" cheapo tires and rims...long story made short, they sent mine somewhere else, and finally, a month later, i got my money back. I turned around and got the same tires, on Mickey thompson wheels, with the rear spacers, with an extra brand new tire and rim all for 1100. not too shabby huh? F#%K 4wheel parts /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Yep, I notice whenever they have tire sales (like buy 3 get the 4th free)they jack up all of the prices by about $20-$30 per tire.

7. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well I have had great experience with them, and for the buy 3 get one free deal, I got that one and I actually got them for the old lower price because I went online and checked then I printed it out with the price and date, and then I went in and asked for it, so they gave me the higher price but when I showed them the internet offer, they adjusted it, and then after I recieved the tires, I found a lower price in one of their magazines at the same date, so they refunded me another 170 bucks. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    The only thing I hated about them is the fact that they never told me that I had an additionnal discount because I am a CAL4WHEEL member. I had to find it out froma friend after spending $3000.
    But I still like them because they do match any price lower than theirs, and I have yet to find a better deal, and the guys here in the Sacramento store are nice knowledgeable and they know me now very well, and they always try their best to get me the best price, by looking online, in the store and even in their magazine to get the best price.
    And yes their free shipping deal is always on, they only advertize it one week at a time, si they can stop it anytime without any notice, but they keep extending it.
    Over all I would do business with them any time. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif