Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 Wheel Parts just lost my loyalty...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, Feb 24, 2001.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Over a month ago, I ordered a Con Ferr Roof rack for Marietta's XJ. I finally received it after numerous calls and finding out the rack was on backorder. Well, after waiting a month, the parts came in and guess what? Everything is correct besides the mounting brackets. So now, I have a half built roof rack waiting to be installed. You would think 4WPW would have done some customer service and made sure the parts were correct before shipping. What is this world coming to, when you cant get decent service? I will try to find brackets locally so I can finish the installation. I will never order from these dorks again.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

2. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Seems like if ya hear anything about 4WPW...it's never anything good. Could this be a sign?

"I'm not stuck...I'm just being as ONE with nature"

3. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    They must have the worst customer service I have ever seen....I dont understand how they stay in business

Luke
    84 K5
    [​IMG]

4. wfahlgren

wfahlgren 1/2 ton status

i ORDERD A 4 INCH SUPER LIFT FROM THEM AND THEY SENT ME A PROCOMP LIFT. PRO COMP DOSNT EVEN CARRY A 4 INCH LIFT FOR MY BLAZER

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I only buy tires from those guy's....That's about it. I think all the sales men are blind in eye, and have dyslexia in the other..

<font color=orange> When was the last time you were Jagermeistered?</font color=orange>

6. pr1aw

pr1aw 1/2 ton status

I've had nothing but good luck with them with all of the stuff I've ordered, but then I only go to one salesperson that I know what he is talking about.

7. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Try being a girl and going there. You have to set up flares to get noticed (least the one here is like that)....They helped every guy and ignored me. When I finally got the help of the counter guy he called me sweetcheeks. I doubt any of you guys ever got hit on by the guy who runs the counter now did ya!? :-)

"I love the sound rice burners make when ya run over them"

8. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

SWEETCHEEKS?!!! I hope ya broke his nose, Stephanie!! BTW...this place turned into your 2nd home yet? TOLD YA SO!!!

"I'm not stuck...I'm just being as ONE with nature"

9. ChevyCaGal

Naw...I didn't break his nose. I could have though, but he was a big sweaty guy. Some of that sweat might have splashed onto me if I whacked him...I get the whole "girl" thing a lot so I am used to it. I find it rather amusing anymore. Besides he was so busy being romeo he ordered my parts for a S-10. When they came in I complained so much they reordered them and guess what?!!? I got a discount! Pays sometimes to deal with these guys. :-)

10. ChevyCaGal

Oh yeah...I forgot...it has become my third home actually. The second home is still the Blazer! :-)

11. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I ordered a part-time kit for my 203 last year along w/some Warn hubs and I specified that I also wanted front wheel inner/outer bearings. They sent me everything except for the bearing. They sent a T-case bearing. So I called and spoke to the answering machine to request a call-back because "all of their representatives were currently helping other customers". I left my phone number, was never called back until I called again a few days later, spoke to the answering machine again because guess what?--"all of their representatives were currently helping other customers". Then I raised hell with someone there and demanded I speak to someone who could help me but guess what? YUP, I was told to leave my number so that someone could call me back. I gave them my daytime work number and the moron calls me back in the evening on my work number. This was on a Friday so I did not get the message until Monday. By that time I was so fed up that I just gave up. I still have that dang bearing. One of these days!!!

12. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Hahaha, there's a post similar to this going on over at TacomaTerritory.com.

When I lifted my truck a year and a half ago, I was no where near as knowledgeable as trucks, lifts, tires, offroading, etc as I am now (thanks mainly to this site and ORC/Chevy). I purchased my Rancho 3" lift from them, and got installation for free. When they did it, I also had them install new steering components. Turns out they didn't use any grease in the steering, and none of the bolts in the lift were tight. Not a one! It's partly my fault for not checking, but to think I gave them a grand worth of business, and got like maybe 500 bucks worth.[​IMG]

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]

13. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

They lost my respect when I bought shocks from them, I had a 2.5" lift, and they gave me shocks for a 0-2" lift, and when I replaced that sagging POS lift with a 3", the shocks didn't bolt up, so I went in there and mad them give me some RS9000s at no extra charge.

One time we were going off-roading, and there was this guy some friends knew that was getting his Tahoe lifted there, and he was going to go and test out his new lift. We went and picked up his truck at 4WP, and on the way to the mudhole, The rear lift block popped out, breaking his driveshaft t-case and I think rear end. I think he got 4WP to pay for it, but I will never go in that store again

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>