Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 Wheel Parts Pushing Warranties on Me

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mammoth2, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Mammoth2

Mammoth2 Registered Member

Well recently 4wheelparts had GoodYears Wrangler MT/R 35X12.50R15LT at a good price of $234.99 each. Then they are advertising $40.00 back, but the tires are now $244.99 each. To me that is not even a good deal cause all they are doing is giving you the extra $10.00 that you paid for the tires back. Then it says FREE SHIPPING, yeah but you have to buy the $130.00 tire warranty. What kind of a deal is that.

I was about ready to order them and found out that I was going to pay more for the four tires than when there is no sale. What a bunch of crooks if you ask me. The guy on the phone gave me this crazy astronomical total that was about $149.00 more than the shop down the street....and i says how do you come up with that?

He said, "There are HANDLING FEES & CRATE FEES." Crate FEES, my tires don't come in a crate......then he changes his story and says, "palletizing fees."

I just slammed the phone shut and bought my tires from the shop down the street and remebered this saying, "I have come to realize that the lowest price does not necessarily equal the best deal"

That's it......i'm gonna GOOGLE this company and see what i find on them.

found some sdtuff...gona paste it here

Federal law, specifically the Communications Decency Act, 47 U.S.C.A §230,states that websites are immune from any liability for statements Authored by others. Pavementsucks does not express any of the views expressed in this entire post.

4 Wheel Parts Labeled Unlawful & Deceptive Business Practices....if anybody should have a problem just look below:

[​IMG]
    L.A. County' District Attorney's Office Bureua of Fruad and Corruption
    Prosecutions Consumer Protection Division
    201 North Figueroa St., Suite 1200
    Los Angeles, CA 90012

[​IMG]
    Office of the Attorney General
    Public Inquiry Unit
    P.O. Box 944255
    Sacramento, CA 94244

[​IMG]

Zoom in on the Hotty
    [​IMG]

I'm sure the Multi-Billion Dollar Company UPS would even be remotely interested
    in giving permission for 4WP to have this half naked HOTTY
    promote 4WP 2nd rate Pro Comp products.

[​IMG]

YES, we found this girls original photo on the internet that 4WP decided to CROP
    and use in their advertisement w/o any permission, not even paying this very ELEGANT girl

[​IMG]

THEN ANOTHER DAY

[​IMG]

They offer FREE SHIPPING, BUT EXCLUDES HANDLING FEES, crating or palletizing fees, & F.E.T. charges
    and you must buy their
    "No Questions a$$ked Tire Warranty" to get the FREE SHIPPING

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NEW WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS/EXCEPTIONS: Repairable Punctures, Vehicle Fender or Suspension Contact.
    Excludes Commercial Use or Competition Racing or Rockcrawling & Punctures, and Slashes Due to Vandalism.
    Tires that have run flat or ABUSED will not be covered.

So how is this a, "No Questions Asked Warranty?"
    The title and the sales pitch (promise) that they will replace the tire no matter what, (No Questions Asked)

The title of the warranty, "No Questions Asked" CONTRADICTS ITSELF, due to the myraid of exlusions and restrictions mentioned above:

Therefore, IT IS DECEPTIVE, FALSE & MISLEADING........

When your tire is past 50% treadlife, the purchase of a new warranty is required on that tire, F.E.T. TAX,
    mounting & balance, which comes out to about $160.00 and the previous $140.00 spent for the
    "No Questions Asked Warranty" comes out to about $300.00????

(Attorney General) Public Inquiry Unit (click)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2005
  2. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Yeah, they pull that crap all the time. They raise the price and have a buy 3 get one free sale, they offer free shipping sales then charge huge handling fees to cover shipping costs. You name the gimmick, they do it.

3. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You will find many rants on this web site about 4WPW. They pretty much SUCK! I never buy anything from them, unless they happen to be the only retailer of a particular part I want. Their low price gaurantee is a load of crap. The sales people will tell you they will match the price, but after you have made the purchase you will see that they have charged you the regular price, plus all the bullsh!t add-on charges.

4. W200

W200 Newbie

4wpw

My brother worked for them for a couple years in Norcal and the best way to deal with them is to play hardball. The salesmen work on comission so every discount loses them money. By the same token the BS charges they add on adds to their comission. Your best off going in and talking with someone and flash some cash or some plastic. Then damn near walk out on them while grumbling about a friend of a friend who has a brother at a different 4WPW giving big discounts. If they let you walk screw um but I bet they'll beat you to the door.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i wouldn't get a 4wpw warranty if it was a nickel. I guarentee that no matter what the circumstances of the tire failure were they would try their damnedest to wiggle out of the warranty. 4wpw sucks. Always has, always will.

j

6. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I never turn around for a "better deal" because it just means they were trying to screw you in the first place.

New car salesmen/saleswomen try that crap all the time. I tell them I want their bottom dollar deal because I don't have time to waste playing games. They always shoot me a deal that isn't good enough so I walk. They grab me by the collar as I am walking out the door with a "better deal". I tell them that if they have a better deal now, that they were trying to screw me with the first deal.

7. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

My approach exactly. "Best deal" means BEST DEAL! If they lie to me, I won't fool with them. I tell them flat out that there will be no "I'll talk to my manager" or other BS. I find the car I want on several different lots. I tell them all, "You each can give me exactly one price, there will be no haggling, no back and forth to beat each other, no second chances, and as far as I'm concerned "loading" does not exist." If they want to try to add a $500 wax job on it and $1000 for tint or such foolishness, I won't deal with them; they have to eat that or loose the deal. Period. And I usually deal over the phone so I don't have to waste time waiting on them and their stall tactics. Then I tell the best deal to finish all the paper work and if it takes me more than 30 minutes to get off the lot once I arrive to sign, or if there is $0.01 in "extras" above the deal, the deal is off. Man those car sales people tick me off EVERY time.

Same approach with my employers over the years. I don't care if it's W2 or 1099, I am always "self employed" and my "product" is my services or work. They are my customer purchasing a limited resource. If I think my "product" is worth more than I'm getting, I tell them straight up. No BS, no begging, no waiting for "reviews" or anything else. If they disagree, I look around to see if I can find someone who agrees with me. If I'm wrong, and they are right, that I'm getting fair compensation for my services, then so be it… But, so far, I've generally gotten a fair bit more than I asked for by finding another "market" for my "product". And EVERY time they want to come back with what I asked for OR MORE. If it's "fair" now, it was "fair" then, and they were trying to rip me off by getting my product under value, so I have no reluctance leaving them hanging. If they kiss my butt, I'll work out a "notice", other wise I walk without one (would they give me a notice before a layoff?). But I have NEVER accepted "stay with us money", even when it was more than my new job. If I have to extort them to get fair value, I don't want to work for them. I just don't play those games...

Sorry for the "book", but I just went through the "new car" thing again lately and it always leaves me hating those people. They are worse than employers. :D

8. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

I just went to 4wheelparts today to have them replace my damage tire. The tire was covered by the waranty. But I had to pay for the fet charge, and a new warranty on the tire they replaced and mounting. came out to $48 total. Not bad I guess better than having to pay $218 for a new swamper.

On a side not they had tons of those air compersors that kragens were selling for $24. They sold 3 while I was there in a matter of 25minutes at a whoping price orf $69 each :rolleyes:

9. Mammoth2

HERE'S THE REST OF THE STUFF I FOUND OF THE WEBSITE

It's that only less than 1% of people actually take the time
    to file a complaint and thats why 4WP get's to get away with all sorts
    of crap like below:

Buying an Extended Warranty is Useless & Means Nothing When You
    Have to Pay Hundreds of Dollars to Try to Prove That 4WP Did in Fact
    Trash Your Truck.

HOW 4 WHEEL PARTS HANDLES MAJOR WARRANTLY CLAIMS BELOW

[​IMG]

Main Link (click) :weld:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2005
  10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

paying over $200 for a 35 x 12.50 MTR is insane. do some shopping around...

Tire Rack has them for 182.00 http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compa...1&manufacturer=Goodyear&RunFlat=All&x=80&y=12

Desert Rat has them for 189.00 http://www.desertrat.com/goodyear/wranglermtr.htm

WalMart has them for 196.51 http://www.walmart.com/catalog/tire..._type=&tire_width=35&vehicle_path=false&year=

National Tire and Wheel 194.95 http://www.ntwonline.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=48&Product_ID=1330&CATID=10

not only did you get screwed with a higher than advertised price, their advertised price was higher than almost anyone else. Tyres Unlimited sells them for 262.23 ( www.tyres1.com ) but they will come down on their prices.

11. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

this one is along the same lines. one local car dealer hear has a sweet deal on cars. its called tires for life . buy a car/truck/suv new or used and get tires for life no charge ever. sounds sweet even on the radio ad is says no strings atached at all.

whell the other day customer comes to my shop down the street and wants 4 new tires. o.k. sold 4 nice new mid grade tires to him. as i was mounting them he was talking to me and told me the whole story. ONLY IF YOU GET ALL YES ALL YOUR SERVICE WORK DONE THERE WILL YOU GET TIRES FOR LIFE. that even includes oil changes and stuff.

dont sound so good any more. i hate car dealers like that. just tell the truth or give the lube to use first so it dont hurt in the end as much.

12. Mammoth2

NATIONWIDE ATTORNEY GENERAL LISTING: www.eatoncounty.org/prosecutor/proslist.htm

(4WP Prosecuting Attorney General)Public Inquiry Unit
    http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/mailform.htm

(RE: 4WP, L.A. District Attorney's Office of Fraud & Corruption)

http://da.co.la.ca.us/cpd/default.htm

(IFCC) Internet Fraud Complaint Center
    www.ifccfbi.gov/

(FTC) Federal Trade Commission
    www.ftc.gov/

(BAR) Bureau of Automotive Repair
    www.dca.ca.gov/complainthelp/consumer-complaint.htm

(NHTSA) National Highway Traffic Highway Safety Adm. (Office of Defects investigation)
    www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

(EPA) Environmental Protection Agency (Spilling Oil & Antifreeze)
    www.epa.gov/

(BBB) Better Business Bureau
    www.bbb.org

Thanks Dude, I really appreciate it.......Walmart it is............LOOK WHAT 4WP is saying is the the MSRP for these tires are, making it seem like I and all of us would get a very good deal. TALK ABOUT ..........Since when does a MT/R (MSRP) go for over $300.00?

[​IMG]

THESE ARE JUST GROUNDS TO MAKE THIS THREAD INTO A ((STICKY))

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2005
  13. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[rant]Are you new? There is probably 100 "Why I hate 4WPW" threads on here. I've had some good dealings w/ them and some bad, but the they are much better than the store they replaced on this side of town (that would be North GA 4WD for you ATL ppl). On the otherside of town the local shop is better (4WD Parts Center). If you didn't research the price, don't bitch when someone else gets it cheaper. If you don't like the price, buy somewhere else.[/rant]

14. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

wow...i dunno if i could bring myself to pay 200 bucks for a goodyear on a 15" wheel lol

:haha:

15. Mammoth2

No doubt,

Don't they know that they are gonna upset people by doing stupid cr*p like that

So yeah.......I think i'm gonna try another store by using

THE OFFROAD YELLOWPAGES :thinking:

You can find an entire list of 4x4 stores and suppliers in any State........its cool.......try it. :rolleyes:

Pro Comp Tires are manufactured by the Cooper Tire Company, who has well over 130 tire recalls (click)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Evidence that there has been a PROBLEM with PRO COMP TIRES since 2002 below:

http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87494

If you guys have developed TIRE PULLS and Bulges in your PRO COMP TIRES, then
    you should visit this website below to arrange for FREE replacement:

(National Highway Traffic Safety Administration)
    Office of Defects Investigation
    http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

U.S. Department of Transportation NHTSA
    C/o Office of Defects Investigations
    NSA-10.01, 400 7th Street, SW
    Washington, DC 20590

[​IMG]

Customer Tire Review: http://www.luddite.net/showmedave/tires.htm

Last edited: Oct 29, 2005
  16. Mammoth2

4WP MAJOR SCAMS--All Kinds

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181362

INTERESTING LINK (click) .

INTERESTING LINK (click)

But, by far the best and funniest complaint comes from a guys girlfriend reading his OffRoad Adventures Magazines..........funny, but true.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2005
  17. monster man

monster man 1/2 ton status

wow- this sucks. I've got my tires on order with them, and they're the ones who kept pushing back the arrival date until I finally changed sizes. He told me it worked out "about the same" price, but the wheels I chose were cheaper. I still don't know where the extra $100 over their advertised prices came from, must have been the "handling charges". But, the sad part is they had the best prices compared to anybody in town. All the others would have had to do the dreaded special order and wait game :(

18. The Butcher

The Butcher 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, North Gerogia was worse than any 4WPW! 4WD Parts Center is good (used to work there). They charge fair prices, and they are willing to work with you on some things as far as pricing. Plus they can do lots of custom fab stuff that alot of 4WPW won't touch b/c of the length of time invloved.

Not to stick up for all 4WPW, but certain ones have good guys working there who will hook you up if you develop a good relationship with them. The guys at the one I shop at give me good deals on stuff all of the time. I shop online as well, and then ask them to match prices. They do. Sometimes it is slightly more expensive, but I don't mind paying for the convenience of being able to take it back if there is a problem.

And one thing everyone here should consider: 4WPW is in business to make money. I doubt many of the people on this board would go to work if they weren't getting paid. That being said, 4WPW can charge whatever they want in order to make money. You don't have to shop there. If you think you are getting "screwed" go shop somewhere else. I buy some things from 4WPW and some things I don't. But i usually check to see what kind of deal they will give, or if they will be willing to match a price I have found elsewhere. 9 times out of 10 they will if they can.

Then again, I've run into a$$holes at 4WPW in different parts of the country, so I think it has more to do with the person you are dealing with than the store itself.

19. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

this is good, i wonder if the guy on the other end could hear, or figure that he was just slammed up on. :haha:

:D

20. Mammoth2

You'd figure with the Federal & State Investigations they would stop doing their crap.

Some Acumulated Consumer Complaints about 4WP:

1) My favorite 4WP scam is the "buy 3, get 1 free" deal on the Procomp tires. Whenever they offer this deal they also jack up the price by about $20-$30/tire. (This applies to all specials)

2) I also dealt the the "shipping charges" when getting parts. As mentioned they never have any real 4x4 parts in stock and wanted to charge me shipping even if I picked the parts up at the store.....WTF

3) Well 4wheelparts had the 38/15/15 boggers at a good price of $222.00 each. Now that they are advertising $40.00 back they are now $232.00 each. To me that is not even a good deal cause all they are doing is giving you the extra $10.00 that you paid for the tires back. Then it says free shipping yeah but you have to buy the tire warrenty. What kind of a deal is that. I was about ready to order them and found out that I was going to pay more for the four tires than when there is no sale. What a bunch of crooks if you ask me. I am going to stay with dealing with Trucks and Stuff they treat me pretty good.

4) My favorite is the Warn M8000 I almost ordered from them online. They were advertising free shipping. Weeee! Well, when I got to the page to confirm my order I noticed that there was a $50 handling charge.

5)i ordered some shocks from them one time...they sent the wrong part #. i explained this to them, (multiple times), but they still made me pay freight to return them. i'll never buy anything else from that outfit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4WP has an Unsatisfactory Record with the BBB Nationwide for Failing to Respond to consumer complaints for the past (two) decades. 4WP NEGLECTED TO TELL EVERYONE THAT THEY ARE UNDER SEVERAL FEDERAL & STATE INVESTIGATIONS AND CAN'T AFFORD TO HAVE ANYONE MAKE ANYMORE COMPLAINTS AGAINST THEM.

and yes...there's Tacoma, Santa Clarita, FL, and many more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BUT WAIT, WHATS THIS SEVERE CONTADICTION BELOW.......SOMEONE IS LYING TO US AGAIN
    [​IMG]

NATIONWIDE ATTORNEY GENERAL LISTING: www.eatoncounty.org/prosecutor/proslist.htm

(4WP Prosecuting Attorney General)Public Inquiry Unit
    http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/mailform.htm

(IFCC) Internet Fraud Complaint Center
    www.ifccfbi.gov/

(FTC) Federal Trade Commission
    www.ftc.gov/

(BAR) Bureau of Automotive Repair
    www.dca.ca.gov/complainthelp/consumer-complaint.htm

(NHTSA) National Highway Traffic Highway Safety Adm.
    (Office of Defects investigation)
    www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

(EPA) Environmental Protection Agency (Spilling Oil & Antifreeze)
    www.epa.gov/

(BBB) Better Business Bureau
    www.bbb.org

IT IS FACT, THE MORE PEOPLE COMPLAIN IN FORUMS & FILE FEDERAL COMPLAINTS......THE BETTER SERVICE WILL GET FOR CUSTOMERS OR 4WP WILL CEASE TO EXIST

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2005