Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 wheel parts sucks....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by smokkey1, Feb 21, 2004.

1. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

well today I went to 4 wheel parts in burbank, ca to order some shocks for my 90 sub. let me tell you those guys don't know jack... first they were insisting that it was an IFS truck /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif second I wanted to get an price for for an set of 36x12.50 tsl swampers and they were like you can't fit those tires on an 4" lift then I said not till I break out the sawzall then they were like that's stupid you still can't fit those tires on your truck. then the guy tells me to go to an 6" lift I told him I allready have all my parts to lift the sub then he ask what kind of lift I said 4" TC ez rides front and an 4" shackle flip for the rear then he says it's an bad set up... he says listen to me I've had 9 blazers I know what I'm talking about......If he knows what he's talking about then he should know what kind of set up going for...

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif justin /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

our local 4 wheel parts store sucks too. they never have anything in stock. the guys are usually to good to help u also opisite problem from your store

3. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Ive found this to be true at most large chain parts stores, usually the salespeople have no experience in repairs. Often there seems to be one person who's a "parts god" that can actually cross reference parts numbers, look up parts by dimension and has the experience necessary to be helpful, he usually doesnt stick around too long though.....Sometimes the little shops have more knowledgable help than the big guys. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    well today I went to 4 wheel parts in burbank, ca to order some shocks for my 90 sub. let me tell you those guys don't know jack... first they were insisting that it was an IFS truck /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif second I wanted to get an price for for an set of 36x12.50 tsl swampers and they were like you can't fit those tires on an 4" lift then I said not till I break out the sawzall then they were like that's stupid you still can't fit those tires on your truck. then the guy tells me to go to an 6" lift I told him I allready have all my parts to lift the sub then he ask what kind of lift I said 4" TC ez rides front and an 4" shackle flip for the rear then he says it's an bad set up... he says listen to me I've had 9 blazers I know what I'm talking about......If he knows what he's talking about then he should know what kind of set up going for...

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif justin /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Guess they don't understand "Customer Service". Never put down or argue with the customers, or you won't have any, hence you'll end up going out of bussiness !!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Yup! They suck! i ordered 6" SuperLift Soft ride front springs and got ProComps instead! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I was too far into my rig build to wait so I just opted for the discount cash back! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Bill

6. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about that. i work at 4wp in Atlanta and I try to help everyone with whatever they want. I may question the tire fitment but if your willing to cut then buy all means cut. who cares. I try to give you what YOU what not what I want you to have. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifIf you need something I can help you out. We have a warehouse in Ca. so I could drop ship from there to your house. Maybe even give you a better price. I have already talked to my boss and he has no problem giving discounts to CK5 members /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. Tweetysuarus

That was a few years ago and I plan on replacing them with BDS springs in the future. I have no ill feelings with 4WPWS!
    Bill

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    second I wanted to get an price for for an set of 36x12.50 tsl swampers and they were like you can't fit those tires on an 4" lift then I said not till I break out the sawzall then they were like that's stupid you still can't fit those tires on your truck.

[/ QUOTE ]
    take them a pic of my blazer with 39.5 Iroks on a 2.5in lift and ask him if they will fit /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. Tweetysuarus

When rolled in to get my springs for my rig they looked me like I was crazy cuz I wuz runnin on 36" DC FC with stock lift and 2" body lift! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Bill

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I don't think that pic is gonna do anything to convince them Shannon..../forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

No offense, but I personally think you need to trim more or lift it a little more.

Rene

11. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    No offense, but I personally think you need to trim more or lift it a little more.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Last i heard, he is planning on going up to a 4" lift /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

yes i do need to trim a little more /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif i have done some mild offroading and they don't rub at all /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif but if i really flex it out they will but i will do some more trimming this week /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

[/ QUOTE ]
    take them a pic of my blazer with 39.5 Iroks on a 2.5in lift and ask him if they will fit /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I seen your picture of your truck /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif that's what I was going to tell him but as it was he thought I was crazy because I actually want to wheel my truck than cruse down by the wall....

14. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

my sub is not going to be doing none of this........

15. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Sorry to hear about that. i work at 4wp in Atlanta and I try to help everyone with whatever they want. I may question the tire fitment but if your willing to cut then buy all means cut. who cares. I try to give you what YOU what not what I want you to have. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifIf you need something I can help you out. We have a warehouse in Ca. so I could drop ship from there to your house. Maybe even give you a better price. I have already talked to my boss and he has no problem giving discounts to CK5 members /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks i'll drop an e-mail

16. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Show them this pic...

[​IMG]

Rene

17. Tweetysuarus

Tell them next time your not workin on a concrete queen, But a real mudslingin 4x4! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    Bill

18. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You my friend are on my buddy list /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

19. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    We have a warehouse in Ca. so I could drop ship from there to your house. Maybe even give you a better price. I have already talked to my boss and he has no problem giving discounts to CK5 members

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Whats your number again /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

20. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Tell that fawktard to go away, and send you someone with an open mind and a clue /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif