Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 WHEEL STEERING

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BFT OFFROAD, Mar 14, 2002.

1. BFT OFFROAD

BFT OFFROAD Registered Member

I WANT TO TAKE A FRONT 10 BOLT AND PUT IT IN THE REAR END OF MY K-5 SO I CAN HAVE 4 WHEEL STEERING. JUST WANT TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS DONE THIS TO THEIR BLAZER ?

84 K-5 10"SUSP. 3"BODY 39 " MICKEYS
    GO BIG OR STAY HOME!!

2. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

well then u will have to have all the componets that are in the front in the rear as well.

3. blazbrnc

blazbrnc 1/2 ton status

Don't use a ten bolt. My buddy did and couldn't keep the u-joints alive.

4. BFT OFFROAD

BFT OFFROAD Registered Member

I HAVE A COMPLETE EXTRA 79 CHEVY BLAZER TO TAKE ALL THE PARTS FROM. WHAT KIND OF STEERING?? HYDR.

5. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

Unless you plan on re-tubing the front 10 bolt the differential is offset and won't work with the transfer case mounted as is, ie the driveshaft. Plus, a 10 bolt wouldn't be my first choice for a rear axle.

6. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Although expensive (but cheaper than custom axles, take a rear Dana 60 and a front dana 60 and put the front knuckles on the rear axle (may have to shorten axle tubes) and put under your rig. You can use the front outer shafts, knuckles, rotors, spindels, hubs, calipers, etc., but you will have to have new inner shafts made to compensate for the different pumpkin offset of the rear as opposed to the front. You will also need someway to control the steering (hydraulic, manual over hydraulic, etc.)