Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4" with 35's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 91k5NC, Feb 6, 2003.

1. 91k5NC

91k5NC 1/2 ton status

4\" with 35\'s

im getting a 4" with 35's and putting them on 15x10 inch rims how bad will my finders rub alredy trimed a little. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. hardcore_rob

hardcore_rob 1/2 ton status

Re: 4\" with 35\'s

I am running 35/12.5/16.5 on the stock 8 inch and only have a 3 inch lift , seem to have plenty of space, have yet to get it to rub at this point.

3. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

i had the same setup on my jimmy, and i had to trim a tiny bit and then they cleared fine. i say go for it

4. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

It shouldn't rub if you dont take it off road. If you think you're gonna hit anything major, straighten your wheels. That'll take up most of it. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

I have that same setup. The only time it rubs is when I am off roading. I would say do it. Just trim the fronts back about 1/4 to a 1/2 an inch and you will be fine. This setup is what my freinds call stock. But then I can't afford 20" of lift and 44's. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

it all depends on your backspacing /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. evilandangry

evilandangry 1/2 ton status

I am running 35" BFG's with 2.5 inch of lift. Trimmed about 1 inch off both front and rear of the front fenders. The only time I rub is full lock full stuff!

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

depends on a lot of factors really... but when i had 4"/35s, if my sway bar was disconnected it would rub... and rub pretty hard. If i remember right, i had 1" of body lift as well. Depeneds on how soft ur suspension is, what the real diameter of your tires is etc etc

j

9. RLBstein

RLBstein 1/2 ton status

I run a 4" lift and 35's, no trimming and havent come close to hitting, (that i know of) but then again, i don't do hardcore stump jumping or anything.

10. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

To Hardcore-I found 16.5 wheels with saftey lips{right term} on them.They are only 6.75 wide,but,are 4000 lb rated trailer wheels.Got mine at yard sale while in Fla couple years ago.I know size cause it's stamped into wheel.Work fine with 12,50 X 38 TSLs.Just a little useless knoledge. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

You might want to keep an eye on that if you go wheeling. Several people on here have claimed that untill they actually looked closely.

12. PROFESSORSK5

PROFESSORSK5 Registered Member

I also have a 4" lift and 35" BFG all terrains. I use the truck for moderate off roading and do not rub at all, so I say go for it. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

13. blwnbwtie

blwnbwtie Registered Member

I have 4" on 35s i hammered the corner of the fenders in a little and they still rub a bit but nothing too major. Only rubs when im off-roading not driving on the street. I wouldnt worry about it. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

14. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have 4" and 33x12.5's and I can make my tires rub under full compression on 15x10 rims. Just depends on how you wheel it.

15. 91k5NC

91k5NC 1/2 ton status

my wheels stick out about 2" in the front so that is what i was worries about.

16. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

well i am about to go with 38's on my 4" rough country setup, and cut the fenders and add flares /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

17. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

Mine rubbed as first, but after a short wheeling sesion The tires took care of most of the loose metal. What ever was left fell to the hammer, and i think it was the quickest, easist, and cleanest trim jobs ever.(same set up btw) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. mplogic

mplogic 1/2 ton status

I've got a 4" lift on my 89, although it's maybe closer to 4.5 or so (3" Tuff Country springs, Hill extended shackles, and pinion shims that add maybe 1/8"). ORD 4" shackle flip in the rear and no problem there, however I do rub up front when wheels are turned, my trim has been "relocated" on both sides by the tires. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif No cutting yet and I haven't used the swaybar disconnects either until I do.