Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

4 X 4, All wheel drive Pontiac VIBE

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gzzgfw, Oct 6, 2005.

1. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

Besides by truck habit, I drive daily an 90 plymouth acclaim with 200k on her to and from work.
    I'm thinking about tagging an new Vibe from the GM pool for a new daily driver.

Anybody have or had a Pontiac Vibe and have any comments on them?

Most in the GM pool are all wheel drive, that seems like a nice feature.

2. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

The Vibe is one butt ass ugly car.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Is there any reason you need all wheel drive ??? I have a smaller FWD car for a daily driver. Not as fun as a big ol' 4X4, or a V8 powered RWD car, but it does good for everyday driving around town and for road trips. Nothing out of the norm, just a 2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS coupe. [​IMG] 3.4 V6, auto, leather everything inside the car. I kind of like the sport suspension, corners very well, hugs the curves at higher speeds, very little body roll. Not a bad looking car for a smaller FWD vehicle. #1 plus, it's a GM product. Oh, and if you're into high end stereo systems, it's a great car for doing a system in.

4. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

With the AWD you can only get the base 120 hp four, and they dont exactly dazzle when it comes to performance. They are decent cars though, afterall it is a Toyota ;)

5. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Ya Im not a big fan of the VIbe. And doesnt the AWD version only come with the little 120 HP motor. So its heavier than the Front wheel drive but with same power? I would think it would be a dog. But you get what you want. My DD is a 2000 Mustang GT. I can squeeze 24 MPG per tank if I stay away from the twisty's. Was suppossed to stay stock... then came the cold air intake, exhaust, springs, shocks, etc... But is more comfy and better mileage than the 73 K20 or 63 Mercury Monterey!!
    :haha:

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

meh, go for the 2 door manual Geo Metro. Strip off every part that isn't function and enjoy your 60 mpg. :)

j

7. toy4x4runner

toy4x4runner 1/2 ton status

We test drove a vibe the other day. Nice economy, very functional SUV type of vehicle w/out the SUV burdening EPA and bulk. I like them for DD's.

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Vibe's worthless, get the Matrix. Same car, almost double the warranty, $1000 less. (that's the base model, not AWD)

Pontiac dealer was an idiot to point out they were the same car to me. :) They now sell Scion's instead of Pontiacs.

I think they are interesting looking cars. Based off of the Corolla and get pretty good mileage beacuse of it. Again not in AWD. 4wd, RWD, or wrong wheel drive for me, no in between. :)