Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

$40,000, 150HP compressor (pics)

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by rdn2blazer, Apr 4, 2006.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

this is our shops new compressor. as the title says is cost right at 40 grand and is rated at 125 HP but has a peak rating at 150 HP. its suposed to be this "SMART" compressor that works way more efficient then a standard air compressor. I was told we are getting a $15,000 energy savings discount from Edison (the power company) for purchasing this thing. dont know how true that is but whatever.

we currently have 2, 100 HP compressors from Atlas Copco but one is older so it was time to upgrade. I tried like hell to get them to put it in the back of my truck, but no luck.:D if you wondering why we need such a monster its because of our Plasma spray process and coating process's we do here. she's a beauity I think. not really much to see but I thought I would take a few pics before she's pulled out of the shop and installed out side.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Holy Sh!t!!!!!!!!!!
    Do you have a 15000 gallon tank for that compressor?

3. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

we have two tanks, not sure of the size. we might be getting a larger one.

just found out the blue one is about 250 gallon and the big one is 1000 gallon.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  4. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

i remember when we got new compssrs just like that to replace our old as heck garbage. those things are sooooooo quiet, and since i used to work next to them i was in love :)

5. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Mmmmm... Atlas Copco. Nice stuff.

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Yes they are! I used to a road tech for the rental division of Atlas Copco. Gotta love that German Engineering.

7. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I used one of their 1/4" palm air drills for a few months. That sucker was a work of art - small, lightweight, and the trigger was so smooth that i could spin the chuck at about 30rpm with 120psi line pressure....

8. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

We've got a nice little (ha) 3000 psi Atlas Copco nitrogen compressor here at work. It kind of scares me though...:crazy: It's a good unit though, we've never had to do a thing to it. Great brand.