Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

40 inch hawgs..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by twoslo4five0, Nov 23, 2006.

1. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

ive got a clean street suburban (I cant seem to sell) and it has 6 inch bds lift with 35s...what size body lift do i need to clear 40 inch hawgs...i know they do not measure true 40s...i dont wanna do any more suspention...and would like to keep it to a 2 inch body...remember clean street truck i want the fenders intact...no :hack:...and if anyone is wondering why hawgs they last a long time and look good..

2. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

without hacking fenders...

well you'd need at least 3" of body lift (I know you want only 2") and probably zero rates. Thats about all that you can do without either cutting fenders or putting a bigger lift on there.

3. twoslo4five0

the main thing is i really dont wanna get into the driveshafts..with my lift plus zero rates am i gonna be alright as far as drivesafts go...are my u bolts still gonna work...i know the rear will but how bout the frot...plus i have a 5 inch block in the back isint the zero rate gonna cause alot more axle wrap...im trying to do this as cheap as possible cause im probably looking at about 2000 or so for wheels + tires...so with that in mind im definitly in a buget...

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

u could get away with jus a 2" body lift. 40" hawgs measure out to 38" or so. BDS lifts tend to run a little taller. my friend had a 6" on his k5 and i think he actually got closer to 7" cuz the 35's he bought were way tiny. my 8" bds was a little taller as well.

5. KGsK5

KGsK5 1/2 ton status

muddy, are you runnin all spring 8" bds? or a shackle flip?

6. KGsK5

KGsK5 1/2 ton status

wait... duh... i guess you are... hows the flex from those? i want to put an 8" lift on mine but im nto sure what the best combo would be

7. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

i was running 8" BDS all the way around, now im running shackle flip and lifted 64's in back, and im planning on lifted 56's up front.

the 8" bds flexed decent for what it was, didnt get much out of the front tho, cuz i never fixed the poor shackle angle. surprisingly, they didnt ride that bad for being arched as much as they were, they ride better than the 3" rough country lift that was on the truck when i bought it. if i was you, i would run 8" springs up front and get a good shackle angle, and the 4" springs and shackle flip.

sorry to hijack 2slo

8. twoslo4five0

appreciate all the help...