Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

400/208 or 241 Trade maybe?

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Kyle89K5, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I'd like to find either a 400/208 or a 400/241 from an 89 vintage if anyone has it /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'll be pulling my built 700 and 241 with a mechanical speedo and would prefer to trade. If anyone want an OD now is the chance.

I'm looking for something ready to run, not a *core* I'd have to put it in and start driving it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks

KP

respond, pm, or email at ofn@offroadfabnet.com

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

How much are you going to want for the 241 when you pull it out? Is it in good working order? Thanks

Harley

3. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    How much are you going to want for the 241 when you pull it out? Is it in good working order? Thanks

Harley

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

It all depends on what kind of a deal I find on a 400-208/241. I'd honestly need to get rid of the 700 at the same time to fund the 400 combo, unless I just found a SMOKIN' deal on a 400.

Are you needing one or???

BTW, the case is in perfect working order. I've had zero trouble with it. The fluid comes out nice and red every time I change it. I've changed the fluid prb once a year on it since I bought the truck 8 years ago.

The tranny is a recent rebuild with every cool little part we could find at the tranny shop. upgraded the servo, the # of clutches, the sun shell etc. It's a nice shifting smooth running tranny that will snap your neck HARD at full throttle. I've only done that once or twice, my u-joints didn't like it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

TTT, could also have a complete TBI unit I can throw in to help matters out.

Also have some misc sub parts if that helps.

Come on people, someones GOT to be swapping over to SOMETHING else /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'd also go for a 400/205

Thanks

KP

5. muddog

muddog 1/2 ton status