Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

400 hp twin-turbo 6.5L

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by arveetek, Apr 10, 2003.

1. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

I stumbled across some photos last night, and I thought ya'll might enjoy looking at a couple of pics I took of a 400 hp, twin-turbo 6.5L that is made by Peninsular Diesel. They build them for marine use.

View 1.

View 2.

I took these pics at the Diesel Page Rendezvous in Dayton, Ohio, in the fall of 2001. Besides looking at all the GM diesel trucks that were there, we also toured the Duramax engine plant in Moraine, along with the AM General engine plant that still makes the 6.5L for military use. I tell you what, standing there in the parking lot the day that 30 or 40 Chevy diesel trucks pulled in will be one day I'll never forget! It was awesome!

Casey

2. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

That looks sweet, but how much do they build them for?

3. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

Damn that looks sweet I wish I could afford to buy one of those engines.

4. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

How many hours do they expect out of those?

5. Crunk_K5_1984

Crunk_K5_1984 Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

6. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure on the price. They're designed to run for as long as needed in marine applications. They need to be reliable so that you don't break down in the middle of a lake or ocean. They're actually quite dependable.

http://www.peninsulardiesel.com/ for more information.

I believe the 400 hp model is more of a show piece. The 340 hp is the largest one I found quickly scanning their web site:

http://www.peninsulardiesel.com/400tai/400tai.htm

Casey

7. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

8. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

I like that header design.Wonder would they fit on truck?Yesterday I was looking on my trucks engine compartment,and it looks like they might fit with little mods.

I was going to start my turbo project little by little,starting from headers.I've always liked twin-turboed V8 engines,so thats the way to go /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    And especially twin-turbo /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif,that would be way cool /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif