Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

400$ to spend...but on what ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by arik2, Apr 14, 2004.

1. arik2

arik2 Registered Member

Hey all,
    My big question is what can I deliver back home (Israel) with a friend who's coming back from the states...

Well, I got already an 86 K30,5.7 350, TH400HD, NP208, 37" tires, 4.56 R&P, F axle D60, R axle 14bolt FF with Detroit locker, holly carb etc.

Since I will find a front locker here, I would like your suggestion regard things that will total weight below 10 pounds and with a 400$ budget.

My rig isnt my daily driver and it used for rockcrawling.
    thanX 4 assisting.

2. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

If you had 500 you could get a detroit. For $400 you can get a lockright and some used hubcaps.

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

It seems he has the locker situation covered. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It's going to be tough to get some hardparts that are under 10 pounds....hmmmmm.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. arik2

arik2 Registered Member

As BlazerGuy wrote, the front locker is not the issue...I got one down here.
    I believe that my friend can carry with him even 20 pounds...but still, I prefere it NOT to be too big or heavy...
    For now, on my mind there are two options, Fuel injection swap OR Ignition kit...but I would like to know if there are more options that i didnt thought about.
    /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey all,
    My big question is what can I deliver back home (Israel) with a friend who's coming back from the states...

Well, I got already an 86 K30,5.7 350, TH400HD, NP208, 37" tires, 4.56 R&P, F axle D60, R axle 14bolt FF with Detroit locker, holly carb etc.

Since I will find a front locker here, I would like your suggestion regard things that will total weight below 10 pounds and with a 400$ budget.

My rig isnt my daily driver and it used for rockcrawling.
    thanX 4 assisting.

[/ QUOTE ] What do you have for mufflers ??? Kinda hard to beat the sound of Flowmasters. Maybe a MSD ignition box ??? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

A digital camera so you can take some pictures of your truck and post them here. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

35 spline outer stubs and hubs for your Dana 60 /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Maybe a tad over 10lbs but you would have money left over /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

8. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

4 Bilstein 5150 shocks will be $398 at eshocks.com and should be around that weight /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif You can send the other $2 to me. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

How about an NP 205. Not less than 10 lbs either but you'll have money left over. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. detailer03

detailer03 1/2 ton status

Israel? what part. I have been there.
    You can send me a PM if you want.

11. arik2

arik2 Registered Member

heavy4x4, I got one...but since the body is kind of wreck, I prefere finishing with my flatbed...and then you will get some.

FRIZZLEFRY, mine PU came with 10bolt up front and 14bolt SF on rear. this week i started installing a CUCV HD axles which mean beside FA D60 and RA 14boltFF, I also have the HD hubs etc. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Z3PR, I thought (and still) about the MSD, but i'm looking for more options...and since there is some problems with the transportation regulations & laws /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I'm not going to be noisy.

12. arik2

arik2 Registered Member

spearchucker, 4 now, im not planning to touch the suspantion because my plan it built up new flatbed which i dont know the weight off, and beside that, since I use for the meanwhile leafsprings, and 4 doing some rockcrawling (very slow driving), the shock are are not that mean (except their length) !
    if & when i will swap into 4 link suspantion with coil spring i will need to think about the shocks. Now it quite fine with a mixture of ES3000 (procomp) and the Rancho 9000.

84_Chevy_K10, I can find here the 205 or the 203 in a better price (170$-350$).

13. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

My birthdays soon, you can give 399.99 to me, and keep a penny for good luck /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

14. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Throw it in a pot for a day when you can afford a winch

15. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

How about an Art Carr Cable Gate Shifter (they are on sale for $199.99 down from $285) and a Reverse Manual Valve Body for that th400. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hydro steering........ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

17. arik2

arik2 Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    How about an Art Carr Cable Gate Shifter (they are on sale for $199.99 down from $285) and a Reverse Manual Valve Body for that th400. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Where can I find the shifter sale ? though it happend to me more then once, it can be very usefull to switch to the appropriate gear...

mudjunkie 82, the hydro steering sounds usefull too, even when my plans for the near future is staying with 37" tires but i'm pretty sure it does help the steering and im very familier with the inability to turn a tire that was wedged against a rock.

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Another huge benefit is that it will help take some of the stress off that area of the frame behind the steering box.

19. arik2

arik2 Registered Member

After making some checking, as I understood, I can do the stage 1 for upgrading my steering to a hydro boosted (hydro assist) because since I'm not planning to send my steering box from here (Israel) to the states and back. the stage 2 option cost 450$ as I understand...so its out of budget for the meanwhile.
    As for the shifter, I didnt found yet the 199$ deal but I have found some B&M shifter kits around the 170$, does anyone here have some experience with them ?

10X

20. TOMER

TOMER Registered Member

Hey Arik,this is Tomer as known as jimmy in the israel site-jeepolog,My suggestion for you is to wait and save up some money for the ORD doubler....1000$ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif