Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

40's on 10inches of lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudFlap, Jan 29, 2003.

1. MudFlap

MudFlap 1/2 ton status

40\'s on 10inches of lift

I have looked at all of the charts that tell what tires you can fit with how much lift, but I would like some first hand experience.

On my 89 Blazer I have a 2" body and I am going to do about 8" of suspension lift and I have the 1 ton gear to swap in too.

Can I fit 39.5" swampers without cutting fenders? The blazer is rust free and in good shape and I dont want to hack it up. I will be doing mostly mud and trails, no major rocks or anything. I have 6" tuff country ez ride springs for the front and I am gonna do longer shackles and maybe zero rates. I am gonna put f150 springs and blocks in the rear. So it should be fairly flexy, but I don't know how much I will be flexing it.

I am fairly sure that the 39.5" will fit with normal driving and wheeling, right? But if I get real crossed up will I be rearranging my sheetmetal?

Thanks

Trey

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Re: 40\'s on 10inches of lift

<font color="green"> It should flex pretty well, and that's what's going to cause rubbing. I'd guss that you're going to have to at least knock the rear corners off of the front fenders. </font color>

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    f150 springs and blocks in the rear.

[/ QUOTE ] I think you'll have really bad axle warp. The f150 springs are way soft.

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

my buddy did 13" to clear his 40's
    he had 9" and 38's

10" springs and 3" body.

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

You might have to move the axle forward. This made a big difference in clearance on mine. I have 6" and 3" body but I did cut the fenders quite a bit. But it all clears now in the rocks.

6. MudFlap

MudFlap 1/2 ton status

Thanks.

Sounds like I am either gonna have to cut or go to 38's.

I was thinking about moving the front axle forward, but will this help only if I cut the fenders?

Is axle wrap going to be that much of a problem?

Thanks again,

TRey

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

good grief, cut them fenders!!! if you're worried about the end result looking "pretty" then take it to a body shop and have them do it. Pretty pointless in a real wheelin rig... only a matter of time before it gets bashed by a rock anyway... but to each their own! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif At any rate, trimming the fenders saves a LOT of headaches and $$$ since you can use less lift. Keeps the rig nice and flexy too, most 12" springs are stiff-tastic.

j

8. 98sub454

98sub454 Registered Member

i just bought a 10" today and am planning on running 40s, ill let you know how it goes.

how wide a tire are you planning on using?