Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

42 inch swampers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by vince13, Apr 22, 2003.

1. vince13

vince13 1/2 ton status

I am going to be buying a set of 42 in swampers in the next few weeks and just wondering what all of you that are running them think about them, i was going to go 39 but they seem a little small now and 44 are just a little too big. my truck is a daily driver and a weekend warrior. any input or thoughts would be great, thanks Vince

2. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

I LOVE my 42's!! There not that loud, the exhaust is louder. I havent put too many miles on them but they seem to be wearing good. So far wheeling the do pretty good also, theres not too many places to really wheel around here so I havent gotten to let them show there stuff. I drive on them everyday. Buy them now though, the price keeps going up.

3. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Love mine, was also torn between 39.5's and 42's. i saw some 39's soon after i bought the 42's and thought (im glad i didn't buy the small ones /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Pentiton? you should have a little more hometown pride Vince /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i can barely lift my 39.5s... so i dont want 42s yet. maybe after some gym work. seriously, getting a 123 lb tire up into the bed of a truck thats lifted is no fun! with 42s it'd just be worse. talk about back problems!

j