Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

44" Ground Hawgs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by orangeGMC, Dec 18, 2005.

1. orangeGMC

orangeGMC 1/2 ton status

Is anybody here running them? I would like to see some pics and what mods were needed to fit them. Also some real world measurments.

I know the the 40" ground hawgs only run about 38" on a 9.75" rim, even less on a 12" rim. I would like to run these and want to know if they will fit before I get a big suprise trying to mount them.

2. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

rootbreaker runs them and loves them, search his posts from a couple of days ago and he had pics up of some mud(ice)holes he was playing in.

If you go to denman's website they list the actual o.d. of their tires. I have seen 44" hawgs on trucks before and they look like big @$$ tires don't know what more you could want out of a set of 44's

3. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

BOGGERS!!!!!!! my 38/15 boggers measure out at just over 38 on the truck with a 10" rim.

4. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

errr... on a 9.75 wide rim they are 39" tall...
    on a 12" wide rim they are 38.8"... ask me how I know :haha:

yeah I LOVE MINE....
    also yes they run small so the 44's may run 42ish to 44ish.... over at ps.com there is a k5 on them and he loves them too...

however they may not be good on rocks.. but street is good, quiet(er), and awesome in the mud....
    I havent wheeled them much but they have not let me down... I cant roost it either.. with a detroit front and rear I can drop the clutch and the sucker grabs bigtime... I was throwin chunks the size of boulders at a jeep behind me... of course not on purpose..... he was laughing ...
    he is going to buy a set of 32 or 33" hawgs

GotSmoke from ps.com was a hawg hater.... however he got stuck in 4wd. he has a 1997 dodge diesel, 10" lift, had 35" swampers, detroit rear and 750lb-ft torque..... a guy pulled him out in 2wd that had 38" hawgs..... then the guy went through what he was stuck in in 2wd.....didnt get stuck
    so GotSmoke looked at his tires that are all caked.. and his bud with the hawgs.... they were CLEAN as a wistle.....

so he came over to help me do 4.56's up front and a detroit.... he kept on looking at my new hawgs... so now he has them and loves them.. if you were to meet him and ask him if he likes them he would say...

9 months ago I would have told you I was a Hawg hater... but now I love em....!!!! :D

[​IMG]

2wd reverse action..... I was diggin this hole out.. trying to get stuck.. never did..... I know I just need to find a bigger hole....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First hole of the day trying to dig out.... before forest rangers came and asked us to stay on the trails.. they were cool... we didnt know we were not allowed off the trail..... :haha:

[​IMG]

tearing the smaller hole up for the 33" tire guys.... in 2wd....
    [​IMG].

fullsize with 33's got stuck here...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. muddy81ca

muddy81ca Registered Member

very cool