Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

44044 rancho springs in front?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by balzackks84, Jan 10, 2004.

1. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I got bored at work today and started parusing the catalogs and compared these springs to 4" fronts.

I came up with 300 lb/in versus 520 on the GM ones with the 44044s at 7" unloaded and GM ones with 4" unloaded. But are the same length.

Do you think these springs would work? The center pin is offsetted which would get the front forward about 1.5" but are they too soft?

2. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

I know they use these springs a lot in toyotas and they are REAL soft for even toyotas. I "think" they are around 56" long too, so you'd have to fab up some front spring mounts. W/ the weight of our trucks they would probably give us 2" lift.

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

4. balzackks84

The 44044 are only 1/4" longer than 4" lift GM front springs. I was looking at the catalog when I typed that out so everything I said was correct including the length being the same. Keep in mind that you say too soft when the 52" rear springs that are a common swap are only 270 or so lb/in with 1" more unloaded height.

5. balzackks84

Thats the other option. But I hesitate in doing that because of how my suspension is set up already. The goal is to be able to run 42s or 44s and the only way I can think of to make them work on the front mount, with the bumper I am making, is to run a chunk of square tubing to get some extra height out of it and restore my pinion angle.

I dunno. I would like to try to find another, decently inexpensive way to get a flexier fron spring, move my front end forward, but retain my front hangers.

The other option is to get some Alcans like Yunit has.

*EDIT*
    I browsed through your site and what I'm trying to avoid with the 52s is how you moved the one support bracket in front of the body mount. I have a plate that mounts all the way back to the body mount for my winch bumper.

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

How much lift you looking at getting?

7. balzackks84

Realisticly I would like it to stay the same height but be able to lose my 3" extended shackles to put the spring back on a level plane. The main goal is axle relocation and get a spring that matches the 57s a little better.

8. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

my front springs match my rears, LMAO Just wish I had a way to see thier max flex, my cherry picker craps out.

I'd go with the rear 52's up front.

9. balzackks84

Even if I have to throw a chunk of square tube up there? It just doesn't seem that attractive.

10. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'd rather call AZ Kickin' and get an angled shim made then a chunk of tube on the hanger for the angle
    Zcarzar didn't need a chunk of tube.
    I did on ine with the 57's since the angle was so far off with the facts of these springs (center pin location, angle of droop, length)

11. balzackks84

I would have to use the tube because my bumper bracket extends all the way to the body mount. And by moving the hanger support in front of the body mount I would be losing a lot of support for the winch.

12. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Just like we're talking about the drink chick at a party.....

You have any pics? !!!!

13. balzackks84

No. I have a new computer and dont have my digi cam software on it. If I was not so lazy I would just dl it off of the interet.

14. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'm on my brothers.. all my good stuff is on mine /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif