Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

44's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Big B, Sep 2, 2000.

1. Big B

Big B 1/2 ton status

44\'s

i just bought a set of 44 bogger on a set of weld 16.5x16 roadhawks I have 10 inchs of lift how much fender trimming am i going to have to do? if anybody is running 44 also i would like to hear your input on what you had to do to make every thing work . Thanks Bruce.a.k.a. BIG B.

bigb4x4.coloradok5.com

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Re: 44\'s

<font color=red>This should sorta give you an idea. This blazer has 10 inches of lift and 44s.</font color=red>

[​IMG]

You might wanna jack up the body a bit if you don't wanna trimm too much. Probably just a 1 or 2 inch body job. You probably know that you will need some serious HP (400+), axles and gears to turn those tires. In the sept '00 issue of 4wheel & off road they hade an article on fitting 44s on a truck. They had a 10 inch suspension lift, 2 inch body lift and cut out fender flars to clear them. Your local libray might have this issue. My libray has every 4wheel & off road mag scince 96.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]K5[​IMG]

3. Re: 44\'s

I ran 44x19.5x16.5 Boggers for a couple of years on my 88 Burb. I loved the tires, but even with a 12" Superlift and 3" body lift, and cut-out flares it would rub/grind in certain circumstances. When I turned and and flexed it would push the tire up into the back side of my fender ! With it cut all of the way to the inner fender well !

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

4. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

That's a loaded question. What are you going to try to do with your truck? Do you stay on the road? Offroad some? Serious offroader? If you stay on the road mostly-maybe nothing-if serious offroader,you might want a Dana 60 front axle with 35 spline outters,1350 u-joints, 14 bolt rear, hydraulic assisted steering or full hydraulic, more fender trimming than you want. It really takes a lot to run 44 boggers and do serious offroading. Most put the tires on and then they find out the hard way what else they need to do. I'm just letting you know before hand because I've been there. Steve

5. Big B

Big B 1/2 ton status

the only reason i bought them was becouse it was a smoking deal and my friend need the money bad i never drive the truck on road it is trailerd every were. i would say i am a very ser, offroader i would like to sell them and buy a set of 38 instead but i have to find someone how would want them first so i really do not know what i am going to do ???

bigb4x4.coloradok5.com

6. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

What I really want to know if what you big-lift guys do with your driveshafts? I run a 6" lift on mine and the driveshaft angle is steep enough to bind the front driveshaft CV. At speed > 25 mph it make a death-coming-soon sound, but under 20 it sounds good and I make sure to keep it well lubed, including the ball in the center of the CV.
    Do ya'll run dual CV on front?

7. Re: 44\'s

I traded my 44" Boggers for the 38's I am running now !! I loved the Boggers, but I have to drive my Burb to work daily and needed the radials. Now I can play with it, so who knows I may go back to 44's some day !

8. Re: 44\'s

I ground off the corners on my CV and yolk, extended the shaft, and dropped the crossmember an inch. The problem I had/have is I bottom out the slip yolk when it flexes. I guess I have been fortunate on no vibration or binding.

9. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

To help front driveshaft angle, I moved the front axle forward 2" and later moved transfer case back about a foot with the "Doubler". There is a guy that makes a high angle cv in CA that will cure this problem now-but it wasn't available when I needed it.

10. Here is the number and the name!

Jesse Jaynes at High Angle Drivelines in CA is the man to talk to.
    5864 Clark
    Paradise, CA 95969
    530-877-1441

11. onetonk5

onetonk5 Registered Member

Hey thats My Blazer!
    you like?

12. onetonk5

onetonk5 Registered Member

Oh yea...Hey Steve... i took a set of factory rear blazer springs 52" and used the top 2 leaves in my front spring packs. Moved the rear shackle hanger back to the factory location in the frame and am working on my front spring hanger now. Lots better looking than what i had before. I Need a dana 70 rear. what do you think 6.17's the 700r4 and my 205?
    Mark