Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

$$4500$$

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BMR, Mar 3, 2001.

1. BMR

BMR 1/2 ton status

What would be a reasonable price for a NV4500 tranny. I would like to swap one in my Blazer but not willing to spend $2000 for a new one. And a junk yard told me about $1000 is that right?Or are they trying to bend me over?

2. blackwidowk5

blackwidowk5 1/2 ton status

I don't know about prices but I just started looking into the same thing. Does anyone here know anything about the NV4500? Is it the same legnth as the 700r4. What transfer cases will work with it?

3. BMR

BMR 1/2 ton status

I know alittle about the tranny. I would like it over the 465 because of it's overdrive. I doubt it's the same length as the 700r4. Any T-case will work with it as long as the splines are the same.

4. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

You will have to get an adapter lfrom advance adapters to run in many aplications. Also dont forget about driveshaft length changes etc.

5. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

I paid $1100 for mine about 4 years ago from a shop that rebuilds them. I verified new bearings etc. These trannies are expensive but they give you a great first and fifth gear. It will also hold up in a 6200lb vehicle and a big block when your left foot "slips" off of the clutch"

6. BMR

BMR 1/2 ton status

Do you remember what company that was? $1100 for a rebuild or $1000 for a used is one.....hum...that's a tough call.
    Was there any type of warrenty?

7. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

The shop was in Denver and I believe it was Denver transmissions. I'm not sure of this as it was four years and I suffer from CRS (Can't remember sh**). Oh, yeah, it also had the 6.34 first. I got pretty lucky with this from what I recall as I also did not have a core. Good hunting.

8. BMR

BMR 1/2 ton status

Since I live in Colorado and Denver is only an hour away I think I will defenately check it out, Thanx. It had the 6.43 first, so you got the 92'-94' tranny. Does it have that bad of a gap between 2nd(3.44) and 3rd(1.71) as they say? Do you have to rap out 2nd pretty good to catch 3rd? Or is it not that big of deal.